The “Android app not installed” is one of the annoying errors which is encountered by numerous Android phone users. If you are also getting this same issue then do not worry about it as you are at the right place.
This blog will guide you on how to fix app not installed on Android phones with 6 quick tricks.
Apart from this, you will also learn why does my Android keep saying app not installed.
Why Does My Android Keep Saying App Not Installed?
Your phone shows app not installed Android 11 error due to various reasons. So, below I have stated some major reasons that can result in this error:
- Not granting app permission
- Incompatibility issues
- Due to lack of storage
- Incorrect storage location
- Unmounted SD card
- Unsigned application
- Because of downloading corrupted files
So, these are the factors that can stop your app from installing.
Now it’s time to know how to solve app not installed error on Android phones by using the below troubleshooting tips.
Best Way To Fix Android App Not Installed Error
In a few cases, such kinds of errors are not resolved with simple and basic tricks, you may need to use any powerful third-party tool.
Android Repair tool is highly recommended software that is specially designed to deal with various sorts of issues like moisture detected, Bluetooth issues, no command in recovery mode, No SIM card error including app not installed error Android.
It is very easy to use and you don’t even require any technical knowledge to operate this. So, with any delay, just download this program on your pc and solve this error in a hassle-free manner.
How To Fix Android App Not Installed Error?
Try the solutions and get rid of this issue by yourself.
- Restart Your Android Device
- Remove Unwanted Apps or Files
- Use Google Play Store To Download Apps
- Choose Correct Storage Location
- Clear Data & Cache Of the Package Installer
- Transfer Apps To Your SD Card
- Unsigned Application
- Mount the SD Card
- Change App Codes
- Format Your SD Card
- Disable Google Play Protect
- Reset App Preferences
- Factory Reset your Device
Method 1: Restart Your Android Device
The first method you should try to fix this issue is – Restart your Android device. This method usually helps to fix various kinds of Android glitches.
Close all the running apps then long-press the Power button of your device. After that, hit the Restart option and wait for few seconds. Now, your device will restart itself.
If this method doesn’t work for you, simply move to the next one.
Method 2: Remove Unwanted Apps or Files
You may also try to fix app not installed Android 11 issue by clearing the unnecessary files from your phone to free up your device storage.
Follow the below-directed steps to know how to do so:
- Visit “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Then, choose “Apps” or “Application Manager” from the given options list.
- After that, choose the Apps/files you need to uninstall & wait until the App Info screen opens
- Finally, hit the “Uninstall” option.
If this method won’t work, try the next one.
Method 3: Use Google Play Store To Download Apps
Whenever you need to download any app on your smartphone then I’ll always advise you to use “Google Play Store”. Because this app is specially designed to download apps and it has enough collection of trusted applications.
- Open Google Play Store app on your phone
- Look for the app that you wish to download & simply tap on Install.
Method 4: Choose Correct Storage Location
Sometimes, choosing an inappropriate location for the App can cause Android app not installed error. So, you should always choose the appropriate location of the App.
Thus, I always advise the users, not ever tamper with the app’s location but let the App to choose its storage location itself. However, storing the app in the device internal storage is the best choice.
Method 5: Clear Data & Cache Of the Package Installer
Another way that you can try to solve app not installed problem is by clearing the cache and data of the package installer.
Follow these steps to know what you need to do:
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings app then tap on Manage Apps
- Under the System apps you need to check a package installed
- Here you’ll get two options – Clear Data & Clear Cache, just tap on them.
Now, check if the error has been resolved or not. If not then try the recommended Android Repair Tool.
Method 6: Transfer Apps To Your SD Card
Most of the applications aren’t installed due to the storage issues or when your device’s internal storage is almost full.
In such a situation, shift all the existing applications to SD/memory cards. Also, change the storage settings in order to install the Play store apps to the SD card directly.
- Navigate to Settings app & choose Storage then > Apps
- Now, you need to tap on apps in order to view separate storage space.
- After that, choose App/Application to move and tap ‘App Info’.
- Again, click on ‘Change’ then choose ‘Export to SD card’
- This time, the app will automatically move to your SD card.
- Repeat with other high storage apps.
Method 7: Unsigned Application To Fix Android App Not Installed Error APK
Unsigned Apps are those applications which aren’t available in the Google Play Store app.
By default for security reasons, every Android device restricts the installation of the unsigned apps which have been downloaded from the third-party sources.
However, you may also install the unsigned applications to your Android device even if they’re blocked by default.
Steps to be followed to install the unsigned apps:
- Access the Settings app and choose Lock Screen and Security.
- Now, enable the Unknown Sources.
- Finally, you’ll be able to install an application.
Method 8: Mount the SD Card
Sometimes, your SD card becomes inaccessible even after inserting the card properly. Hence, mounting the SD card can make your card accessible.
Here’s The Process To Mount The SD Card:
- Navigate to your Settings app then go to Storage.
- Make a tap on Mount the SD card which you’ll get on a Storage Info screen.
- Now, restart your smartphone & try to install an app again.
Method 9: Change App Codes
It’s possible that an app code doesn’t support your device. In such a case you need to change the codes by following the below steps:
- Download an APK editor from Google Play store.
- Select a file & change code or a place whatever is essential for your smartphone. After this, install an application.
Method 10: Format Your SD Card
If an Android app not installed error APK occurs due to the SD card corruption then you need to format your SD card quickly.
Note – Don’t forget to save the backup of your important data before formatting your device because you may lose all of your data forever.
Just open your Settings app then move to Storage and tap on Format the SD Card.
Method 11: Disable Google Play Protect
How to disable the Google play protect:
- Open the Play Store app on your Android phone
- After that, tap on 3 horizontal lines which are located at the upper left corner of the screen
- Here you need to look for the Play Protect
- Now, tap on Settings icon
- At last, disable the Play Protect option.
Method 12: Reset App Preferences
Resetting the app preferences is another effective way to fix app not installed error on Android.
Check out the below-given instructions to know how to reset the app preferences
- Access your phone’s Settings
- After that, move to “Apps” tab & then tap on the “Manage apps” in order to view the installed apps.
- Under manage Apps; you’ve to click on Menu(3 vertical dots) which is located at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Reset App preferences” from the pop-up options. Now, a dialog box will appear on the screen then click on the “Reset Apps” option.
- At last, after resetting the App preferences, now you will be able to install the desired app.
Method 13: Factory Reset your Device
Even after trying the above-listed methods if you’re still unable to solve the app not installed error on Android then give the last attempt that is – factory reset your device.
Before executing this method, kindly save the backup of all your essential media files. Because, performing factory reset will delete everything from your phone including settings, apps and other data.
Steps To Perform The Factory Reset On Your Android Phone:
Step 1: Go to the Settings app and choose System
Step 2: Now, tap on the Reset options
Step 3: Again, tap on the Erase all data option and hit Confirm.
So, these are the most effective ways to fix the Android 11 app not installed error. Therefore, I’ll suggest you to go through each and every method described in this article.
Trust me; one of the above-listed techniques will definitely help you.
However, the Android Repair tool is a unique way to tackle this error. Now, it’s your choice whether you want to go with a manual or automatic solution.