Getting no command recovery mode on Android? Seeking how to fix this issue with quick fixes? If yes, then continue reading this post.
This article will show you how to fix no command in recovery mode Android with 9 tricks.
Besides, here you can also learn about the “no command” error or “why does recovery mode say no command” in detail.
What Does Android Recovery Mode No Command Error Mean?
Sometimes, when we restart our Android mobile into the recovery mode, then we can see a “No command” error.
This error message generally appears when your device expects the command but it hasn’t received any commands.
On the other hand, this problem arises because of failed resetting the device.
Why Does It Say No Command When In Recovery Mode??
Your Android phone says no command in recovery mode error due to several reasons. Below we are summarizing some of the common causes behind this issue, let’s have a look:
- Resetting your device in an inappropriate way
- Due to some faulty apps
- Interrupting while installing or updating any app
- Your Android phone denies a Super user access.
- While trying to hard reset their device
So, these are the possible causes of Android no command error, now you must be worried about how do I fix recovery mode without command, right?
If this is so, just scroll down this page and get the best fixes.
Fix No Command Recovery Mode In Android Using An Advanced Tool
In order to troubleshoot Android recovery mode no command error in a safe way, you should try – Android Repair Tool.
It is advanced and versatile software which deals with all kinds of errors bugs or glitches like SD card unexpectedly removed, No SIM card error, Mobile network not available, chat bubbles not working, microSD card not detected, moisture detected. Because of its amazing troubleshooting features, this utility is recommended by the professional also.
Apart from that, this repairing tool is very easy to use and you don’t require any technical knowledge to use this software.
So, just download and install this program for free and follow its easy steps to solve the no command recovery mode error with ease.
How To Fix No Command In Recovery Mode On Android Phone?
In this section, we have discussed some of the workable methods that will surely help you to solve how to fix no command error in Android. Just try them.
- #1: Force Reboot Your Android Device
- #2: Pull Out Your Phone’s Battery
- #3: Install Update Manually
- #4: Wipe Out Cache Partition
- #5: Fix Through Key Combinations
- #6: Boot Up Your Device into Recovery Mode
- #7: Flash A Custom ROM
- #8: Do Factory Reset On Android
- #9: Visit To A Service Centre
#1: Force Reboot Your Android Device
Force rebooting the device might sound simple but this solution can fix several kinds of issues.
This is a very common solution which is implemented by many people to get rid of major as well as minor bugs. Therefore, you can also try this way to repair no command in recovery mode Nokia error.
To do so, you have to press and then hold the Power + Volume down button simultaneously. After some time, press your power key for few seconds in order to turn on your mobile.
#2: Pull Out Your Phone’s Battery
This is another basic trick which can help you to fix the phone says no command error. So, if your smartphone has a removable battery then only you should try this method otherwise not.
At first, you need to turn off your device then remove the battery from your phone. After removing the battery, wait for few seconds and then again put it back into your device.
Now, turn on your device and see whether the issue has been fixed or not.
#3: Install Update Manually To Fix Phone Showing No Command In Recovery Mode
If you’re observing phone says no command in recovery mode problem just after updating the software then follow out the below procedures:
- At first, make use of Volume Down key to move to the option “Apply the update from cache”
- After that, again you need to press Power button to open it.
- Here, you need to check for the Software Update & then choose it
- Next, press the Power button in order to manually install the update.
- If no command issue still persists during the flashing the custom ROM
- Then you have to move to an option “Apply the update from an external storage” >> choose ‘Updater’ opt.
Now, you need to select a software file that has been downloaded.
#4: Wipe Out Cache Partition
This is another useful way that can help you to repair recovery mode no command. In order to wipe out the cache partition, you have to check out these easy steps:
- At first, you need to press Volume Down key
- Then, just move towards the “Wipe cache partition” option.
- At last, press Power key in order to confirm the cache deletion.
If this method won’t help you to get rid of the no command recovery mode issue, try the next one.
#5: Fix Recovery Mode Android No Command Through Key Combinations
Step 1: Keep pressing and holding the Power and Volume Up keys together.
Step 2: Now, again you have to press & hold a Power + Volume Up + Home keys
Step 3: Next, press & hold Power and Volume Down keys
Step 4: After that, press & hold Power +Volume Down + Home buttons
Step 5: At last, press & hold Power and Home keys.
#6: Boot Up Your Device into Recovery Mode
Booting up the Android device in recovery mode might help you to solve “No Command” issue on Android.
But, you have to execute this technique very carefully and also follow the below guidelines step by step without any mistake.
Any little mistake can make the situation worse. Before beginning this method, you should ensure that the Android phone is charged fully.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off your device first then press & hold a “Power key + Home key + Volume Up” key. Keep pressing and holding the keys until the Android phone logo occurs & you enter into a recovery mode.
- After that, use your “Volume Down” key to select the “Apply the update from an SD card“. After selecting, press a “Volume Down” key to move towards the “Updater” opt. and choose it.
- Again, make use of the “Volume Down” key for highlighting the “fp_update_OTA[version number].zip” and choose it.
- Now your device will begin the process and once the process is over, you’ll receive the message saying that, “Install from an SD-card complete”.
- In the end, use a volume buttons in order to highlight & choose the option “Restart system now” to restart your device.
#7: Flash A Custom ROM
This method is a little bit tough for those users who have never performed this method before. However, this solution is tricky yet this may help you to fix recovery mode no command error.
It will install a custom ROM in your device from the site like the XDA which is almost similar to the Stock ROM.
So, let’s check out the below-guided steps now:
- Download the ROM for a phone to your PC.
- Next, move a ROM ZIP file to your mobile’s SD card/internal storage.
- Now, get your device into the recovery mode >> choose Install.
- Lastly, select a ROM that you have just transferred & install it.
#8: Do Factory Reset On Android To Fix No Command Recovery Mode
After trying the above-discussed solutions, if you are still unable to fix this issue then try to factory reset your device. However, this method is very risky and drastic but you have no other option rather than factory reset.
So, before performing a factory reset on your device, kindly save the backup of all your essential data. Because doing a factory reset will delete each and every data of your phone.
To know the step-by-step method of factory reset, Click Here:
#9: Visit To A Service Centre
This is the last resort that you can try to resolve phone showing no command in recovery mode.
Most of the time, it may happen that there might be some serious problem with your device. In such a typical situation, we are always advising you to take your phone to any local service center.
Because these kinds of major bugs can only be fixed by the professionals or experts, they will examine your device & solve the recovery mode no command with ease.
To Wrap Up
It’s not an easier task to fix no command error on Android mobile. But luckily you have got such a helpful guide which will surely help you to troubleshoot no command recovery mode Android error.
In this tutorial, you’ll get both automatic and manual ways to resolve how to fix no command on Android error.
If the manuals solutions don’t help you, then go with the recommended solution – Android Repair Tool.
Hopefully, you liked this post…!
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.