Unfortunately, Android devices aren’t free from errors or issues. One such problem that users are currently experiencing is- the black screen of death Android. Thus, if you are also facing the same issue, you are on the correct webpage. This article contains complete info regarding what causes the black screen of death on Android phones and how to fix this issue easily.
Table of Fixes:
- Use the Best Android Repair Tool
- Restart Android Phone
- Remove & Re-Insert Your Phone’s Battery
- Inspect The Charging Port
- Try Removing SD Card & SIM Card
- Remove the Incompatible Apps
- Reboot Your Device In The Safe Mode
- Wipe the Cache Partition
- Do a Factory Reset
What Causes Black Screen Of Death Android?
Unfortunately, there are various causes behind the occurrence of this problem. Below are the most likely causes of this error.
- When your phone drops from a great height.
- If your device has a low battery or less charge.
- Due to incomplete or improper software updates.
- There might be some serious errors on your device.
- Not clearing the cache files and data of your device.
- Your phone’s screen LCD connectors might be loose.
- Because of the compatibility issues.
- Water Damage and others.
How to Fix Android Black Screen of Death Issue?
Method 1: Use the Best Android Repair Tool
Android Repair Tool is expert-recommended software that has got the highest success rate of fixing Android errors and issues. So, with the help of this program, you can easily fix the Android phone black screen error.
Apart from this issue, this software can also fix the other kinds of errors and bugs like – white screen of death, purple screen on the phone, unresponsive touch screen, and several others.
So what are you waiting for, go ahead and download the Android Repair Tool on your PC and fix it with ease.
After installing this tool follow its step-by-step guide.
Method 2: Restart Android Phone
First of all, you need to inspect that the buttons of your device are not caked with the dirt, lint, lotion, or any other debris.
If it’s really so then try to free up the buttons by simply tapping the buttons various times in the quick successions.
After clearing the dirt thoroughly, reboot your device once. Now, check whether the issue is solved or not. If the black screen problem still persists then simply move toward the next method.
Method 3: Remove & Re-Insert Your Phone’s Battery
If your Android phone has a removable battery then remove the back cover and take out the battery from your phone.
After waiting 20-30 seconds, re-insert it back into your device.
Now, put your device in charge and make sure that it has been fully charged. After doing so, identify whether the Android black screen of death is fixed or not.
Method 4: Inspect The Charging Port
Many times, dust & debris get jammed into the charging port that could stop your phone from being charged properly.
In such a situation, you need to inspect & clean a charging port by gently blowing air into it. Or you may also use the wooden toothpick to remove the dust stuck into the port.
After cleaning the port, plug in your device and charge it for at least 10 minutes. Now, restart your device at a time.
Method 5: Try Removing SD Card & SIM Card
The next method you may try to fix the black screen of death Android error is – Remove the SD card and SIM card from your device.
Once done, restart your device and check the problem is solved or not.
Method 6: Remove the Incompatible Apps
Another possible reason for getting an error is – installing the incompatible apps on the device. To get rid of this error, you may need to uninstall some incompatible apps from your Android phone by putting it into safe mode.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Long press a “Power” key of your device until the restart option appears on the screen.
- After that, press & hold the “Power off” option until your device enters into the Safe Mode.
- Then, click on “Safe Mode” option, and your device will boot up into the safe mode.
- Again, go to “Settings” and then > “Apps”. After tapping on Apps, you’ll get the option “App Info”.
- Next, tap on “Uninstall” button to remove an application from your phone.
- Finally, pressing a “Power” button on the device will boot up your into normal mode.
Method 7: Reboot Your Device In The Safe Mode
As you know, booting your device into Safe Mode will help you to figure out the specific app causing the black screen of dead phone error on Android.
After determining that, you may be able to get rid of this issue easily. Here are the required steps:
- At first, Press and hold down the “Power key” of your device until the restart option appears
- Now, click on the icon “Power off” until you get the Safe Mode.
- And as you’ll tap on the “Safe Mode” opt, your phone will enter into the safe mode.
If you want to activate your device in normal mode then simply turn off your device and turn it on again.
Method 8: Wipe the Cache Partition
Well, wiping the cache partition is quite a common method that usually works to fix Android black screen of death error.
Steps to be followed to wipe out the cache partition of the device:
- Firstly, you need to turn off your device by pressing the Power key of your phone.
- Secondly, boot up your device into a recovery mode by simply pressing Power & Volume up & Home keys together (In case, the combination doesn’t work then you should look for the specific model on the internet).
- Once your phone boots up into the recovery mode, you’ll get some options here. Now, make use of volume up & down keys to navigate a “Wipe cache” option.
- Choose this option by pressing a Power button on your device. To confirm the action, you need to tap on “yes” by navigating the volume buttons.
- Now, your phone will clear out the cache files and a message will highlight saying that “reboot system now”. Choose it with the help of Power key.
- Your device will reboot. This may take a little longer to complete the process so be patience.
After rebooting, you can see that you have successfully got rid of the annoying black screen of death on Android. In most of the cases, this method solves the problem. If not, you have to move to the next method.
Method 9: Do a Factory Reset to Fix Black Screen Of Death Android Phone
If the above solutions aren’t working for you or you don’t want to use any third-party programs to fix this issue then performing the factory reset is your last option.
This method will surely black screen on phone issues but it will wipe out everything from your device including apps, photos, settings and other documents.
So before taking this step, creating the backup of all your essential data is always a good idea.
How to perform a factory reset on your Android phone:
Step 1: At first, turn off your Android device.
Step 2: After that, boot up your device into the recovery mode.
Step 3: Once your device will enter into the recovery mode, make use of the Volume buttons to highlight “Factory Reset/Wipe Data” opt.
Step 4: Now, press down the Power key to enter & confirm an option.
Step 5: Once the factory reset process is over, your device will reboot itself. Now you need to inspect whether the problem is fixed or not.
How to Avoid Black Screen of Dead Phone Error on Android?
If you don’t want to come across through black screen of a dead phone error again then you must check out the below-given precaution tips.
They will help you to avoid such kinds of issues in the future:
- Don’t charge your Android phone for a long time.
- Always backup your data on a regular basis
- If your phone’s battery is faulty or old then replace it
- Always install apps from any trusted or reliable source
- Install the reliable anti-virus app on your smartphone.
- You should always use the latest version of Android OS.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What To Do When Your Phone Has a Black Screen and Won’t Turn On?” answer-0=”When your phone has a black screen and won’t turn on then you should try to hold down your device’s power button almost 5-7 seconds. This generally restarts the phone.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”Is the Black Screen of Death Permanent?” answer-1=”No, black screen of death issue is not permanent. It is usually triggered by the software glitch and can be repaired by using a few useful tricks mentioned above in this post. ” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”What Do You Do When Your Phone Screen Goes Black but Still Works?” answer-2=”When your phone screen goes black but still works then in such a case, restarting the device in a safe mode can assist you to tackle the situation.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
Time to Verdict
Waking up the black screen of dead phone error can be very frustrating. But don’t worry, this issue can be easily fixed with the above-listed solutions.
All the solutions will work very effectively to fix Android black screen of death error. You can go through all of them one by one until your problem is solved.
However, if you want an instant way then you can choose the Android Repair Tool. This tool has the highest success rate of fixing issues and it will surely help you to deal with this error.