Want to know how to fix Android USB device not recognized but charging? Struggling hard to solve this issue? If your answer is yes, then keep on reading this article and deal with USB not recognized Android phone problem effortlessly.
Most of the time, it happens that users need to transfer their Android phone data to PC by using a USB cable. They used to do so, in order to keep their crucial stuff safe or we can say that to free up the storage space of their phone.
But, while transferring files using a USB cable, you can face the “phone isn’t detected via USB but still charges” issue. It is a very frustrating problem.
However, you don’t need to worry about it. Continue reading this post and learn the 13 working fixes to get rid of Android USB not detected but charging problem.
How To Fix Android USB Device Not Recognized But Charging Issue?
These are some of the best workarounds which can definitely help you to fix USB port charging but not recognizing problem.
So just try out each and every method listed in this blog, all are helpful in their own way.
- Restart Your Android Device & PC
- Use Another USB Cable
- Enable The USB Debugging On Your Android
- Enable Airplane/Flight Mode
- Connect Your Android Device as MTP (Media Device)
- Remove Cache For External Storage App
- Try Updating Your Android device And PC
- Connect Your Android Phone As The USB Mass Storage
- Install/Update the Proper Driver
- Re-install The USB Driver
- Enable The ODIN Mode
- Use Another PC To Fix Phone Isn’t Detected Via USB But Still Charges
- Visit To A Support Center
Fix 1: Restart Your Android Device & PC
It might happen that you’re running your Android device or PC for a long period due to which the connected USB device is not supported Android.
Sometimes, continuously using any electronic devices can make them unresponsive.
So, before trying any other techniques, we’ll suggest you to restart your Android device as well as PC first. This simple action might help you to resolve the can’t detect phone USB problem.
Fix 2: Use Another USB Cable To Fix USB Not Recognized Android Phone
Well, it’s quite difficult to identify an issue just by examining the USB cable from outside. However, if you somehow find that the cable has some fault in itself then you need to buy a new USB cable.
Now, using a new cable connect your phone to your PC. If your device shows on the “File Explorer”, literally the USB notification not showing on Android phone problem has been fixed.
Also Read: Unfortunately, TouchWiz Has Stopped Working
Fix 3: Enable The USB Debugging On Your Android
Make sure that the USB debugging is turned on in your device because this will allow you in order to direct access your device, install and transfer applications.
If you don’t know how to do so, then simply follow the below-given steps:
- Open your Settings app on Android and go to About
- Then, seven times click on “Build Number”
- Now you’ll get “Developer Option”. Just tap in it & simply enable the “USB debugging”.
- As you’ll see the “Allow USB debugging” option on your Android phone just hit the “OK” button.
If this method won’t help you to troubleshoot USB port charging but not recognizing.
Fix 4: Enable Airplane/Flight Mode
Some of the users have to fix Android USB device not recognized but charging by enabling the airplane mode. Oftentimes, applying a simple trick can help you to get rid of such errors.
So, in this technique, you need to enable the airplane mode. Once your device is recognized by the PC via USB, just disable the Airplane mode option so that the network connects accordingly.
Fix 5: Connect Your Android Device as MTP (Media Device)
You may connect your Android device to a computer just for charging.
In this situation, your PC will not recognize your device. Setting the USB connection as an MTP mode can help you to fix Redmi Note 4 USB device not recognized.
What You Need To Do:
- Connect your Android device to a PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Then, pull down a notification bar & simply choose the “USB computer connection”.
- Among all the options choose “Media device (MTP)” & then connect your device to a PC.
- Now your computer might be able to recognize the Android device.
Fix 6: Remove Cache For External Storage App
Clearing the unwanted files for the external storage app might make your device detectable by the PC via USB cable.
So, let’s try the below-given steps to fix the connected USB device is not supported on Android:
- Navigate to your device’s Setting app.
- Then, choose Application manager -> External Storage
- Now, tap on Cached Data/Clear Cache to delete the cache files for the external storage app
- Then, you need to Force stop the app.
- After that, just Restart your device & try to connect your device with the PC once again.
Fix 7: Try Updating Your Android device And PC
Well, if you’re running your devices in the older version then you may come across such kinds of errors. This is because; older versions do not have that much ability to fix the errors and bugs.
So, if you want to troubleshoot USB port charges but does not recognize then try updating your Android device and PC.
Just open your phone’s Settings app and check for the latest update. If any update is available then install immediately.
Fix 8: Connect Your Android Phone As The USB Mass Storage
Follow the below steps to solve Android USB not detected but charging.
- At first, connect the Android device to your PC/computer using a USB cable.
- Then, slide down a notification bar & simply choose “Connected as a media device” option.
- Hit on the “USB Mass Storage Device” & your device will start recognized by your PC.
Fix 9: Install/Update the Proper Driver To Fix USB Not Recognized Android Phone
In most of the cases, it is seen that the PC fails to detect your Android device when the USB drivers get corrupted or stop working.
In such a case, you need to install/update a proper driver on your phone.
Follow the below-given instructions and know-how to install and update a proper driver:
- At first, go to the Start and then > Control Panel.
- After that, just click on System & Security -> System
- Again, make a tap on the Device Manager
- Then search & expand “Portable devices” or the “other devices” & then look for a driver. In case, the driver has some fault in it, this will be marked with a yellow color exclamation mark.
- Now, make a right tap on the driver & choose “Update Driver Software”
- At last, choose “Browse my PC for driver software” >> tap on the “MTP USB Device” >> Next.
After finishing these steps, connect your smartphone again once a driver gets updated.
If this way doesn’t help you to fix USB options not showing on Android when connected to PC, try the next one.
Also Read: Fix Unfortunately Bluetooth Has Stopped On Android
Fix 10: Re-install The USB Driver
You may come across through Android USB device not recognized but charging error if the USB driver isn’t installed properly or may get out-dated. So, in such a situation you are advised to re-install your Android USB drivers on the PC.
Here’s how you can solve Android usb not detected but charging:
- Plug your Android device to a PC and simply open the “Device Manager” through Windows + X key
- Then, search your device under the “Portable Devices” & make a right-click on it and choose “Uninstall”
- Now, you need to wait for some time till the drivers get uninstall for windows.
- Next, just disconnect your Android phone and again re-connect it
- Finally, your Android drivers are re-installed through Windows
Now, again try to connect your device with the PC and check if USB options not showing in Android when connected to pc but phone charges are solved.
Fix 11: Enable The ODIN Mode
- Turn OFF the Android device.
- Now press & hold a Volume Down, Power & Home key for some time.
- Press the Volumn UP key to proceed.
- Connect your Android & allow your device to finish the Downloading.
- Now, remove a battery from the smartphone & then start your device.
- Finally, connect your smartphone to a computer or Laptop.
Please note: Before applying this way, don’t forget to take a backup of your crucial data.
Fix 12: Use Another PC To Fix Phone Isn’t Detected Via USB But Still Charges
In this solution you should check your computer, if it has some problem and your device is not detected by a PC but charges.
Here, we’ll advise you to use another computer and then again try to connect your phone to a PC through UB cable.
If your device is unable to detect by another PC then there is no doubt that your system has some problem with it.
Fix 13: Visit To A Support Center
After putting in several efforts if you’re still unable to fix this issue, it’s quite possible that there is some hardware or software issue.
In such a situation, you need to visit your local support center and discuss a matter with them.
If possible, show your device as well as PC to them. If there is any problem with your devices they will try to fix them or suggest to you anyway to get rid of Android USB not detected but charging issue.
Bonus Tip: Try Android Repair Tool To Fix Several Android Related Issues
Nowadays, smartphone users come across numerous errors and bugs while accessing their phones. In such a case, most of the users don’t have any idea what to do & how to fix it.
But, now there’s nothing to panic about because using the professional Android Repair Tool, you can solve different errors and issues including USB not recognized Android devices.
So, you can also download this software and follow its step-by-step guide to solve various issues without any trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why USB Is Not Detected?
Sometimes, the USB is not detecting due to unsupported device or a USB is damage itself.
How Do I Fix My USB Device Not Recognized Android?
You can fix USB device not reorganized Android issue by trying the below troubleshooting tricks:
- Restart your smartphone & the PC
- Check a USB cable
- Enable the USB Debugging
- Turn on the Airplane Mode
- Enable the ODIN mode
- MTP USB Device Driver Installation.
Time To Sum Up
As you can see, this article is all about how to fix Android USB device not recognized but charging issues.
We have tried our best to help you out from this situation. Thus, we have shown you all the feasible ways to repair USB port charging but not recognizing.
All you need to do is to try out each and every workaround, one of them will surely help you to troubleshoot USB device not recognized Android auto error.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.