Is your Samsung phone throwing an error message “unfortunately, IMS service has stopped”? Unable to fix the issue after several attempts? If yes, then keep on reading this post and get 11 working fixes to troubleshoot IMS service has stopped J3 effortlessly.
But before fixing IMS service keeps stopping Samsung, let’s take a look at one of the user’s experiences.
I pre-ordered my Note 10+ from Best Buy and picked it up on 8/23/19. It has shown the error “IMS Service keeps stopping” ever since. I have cleared cache, cleared data, cleared (partition) cache, also went as far as doing a ‘factory reset ‘ last night which was a pain, and still did not correct the error. I spoke with a nice AT&T lady and she tried having me turn off ‘Advanced Messaging’ …. still did not help. The software update that came over yesterday did not help. It is so annoying. Help!
Now, let’s know- what does IMS service has stopped mean.
What Is IMS Service Has Stopped On Android Mean?
The IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) Service allows an Android phone’s software for working without any problems with the carrier or vendor-provided communication application.
It allows multimedia facilities like calls or SMSs to be delivered through the IP network. But sometimes, when IMS service fails to work then you may get “Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped” error messages.
So, if you are in such a situation and getting the below-shown error, then do not worry as you can easily solve this issue by yourself only.
Before knowing the fixes, let’s know the major causes behind the occurrence of IMS service notification won’t go away or LG IMS keeps stopping problem.
What Causes IMS Service To Stop?
There are numerous factors that can lead IMS service keeps stopping Samsung M30s or other Android devices.
Some of the major causes are shortlisted below:
- Due to the corrupted cache files
- Using out-dated version of the app.
- Installing unknown third-party apps
- Default messaging applications
- Because of spyware or malware infection.
- Using an older version of Android software
As you have learned the common causes, now you must be worried to know how do I fix unfortunately IMS service has stopped.
Scroll down this page and get your answer in the next section.
Fix Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped (Automatic Way)
If you want a risk-free and instant way to fix an IMS service has stopped note 5, you should go for Android Repair Tool.
This utility is specially designed to deal with several Android phone errors and issues like WhatsApp keeps crashing, moisture detected, the gallery has stopped, Android stuck in headphone mode, and many more.
The best feature of this software is that it supports all the Android devices like Samsung, LG, Asus, Sony, Xiaomi, Huawei, Vivo, Lenovo, Oppo, One Plus, Nokia, Motorola, and others.
Find out other outstanding features of this program:
- Repair numerous Android-related errors and issues successfully
- Easy to use and 100% risk-free
- It can be used without any technical skills
Hurry up! Just download & install this problem and resolve how to fix IMS service has stopped on Samsung error in a hassle-free manner.
How To Fix Unfortunately IMS Service Has Stopped On Phone?
In order to get rid of this “unfortunately, IMS service has stopped J2” issue, just go through the below-given techniques.
- Restart Your Device
- Update Your Android OS To Fix LG IMS keeps stopping 2022
- Delete Cache Files Of Message App
- Boot Your Android Device into Safe Mode
- Check For The App Updates
- Un-Install Recently Installed Apps
- Reset the Message Configuration
- Erase Texts Messages From Android
- Reset Network Settings
- Reset Your Device to Its Factory Setting
Fix #1: Restart Your Device
Restarting the device is one of the basic tricks to deal with all kinds of errors, bugs, and glitches. Therefore, you must try this method and solve the LG IMS keeps stopping 2022 issue.
So, let’s restart the device by following these simple steps:
- At first, press & hold the Volume Down+ Power button together.
- Then after a few seconds leave both the keys.
If this option doesn’t help you then try further solutions.
Fix #2: Update Your Android OS
Installing the latest version of Android software can help you to repair unfortunately IMS service has stopped Note 4 issue.
Sometimes, using out-dated system software could lead to such types of issues on your Android phone.
If any software update is available then here I’ll suggest you to update your Android software immediately.
Follow the below steps to update your Android software:
- Navigate your Settings application on your phone
- After that, scroll down to a Software Update
- Next, tap Download & install.
- If your software needs an update then you’ll get the option Download Now.
- After the downloading process, a confirmation message can appear
- There you need to tap on Yes option and then simply restart your Android device.
Fix #3: Delete Cache Files Of Message App To Fix unfortunately, ims service has stopped j2
Since the error is associated with a messaging app, so it’s essential to clear the cache files of the app.
Check out the beneath instructions in order to clear the cache files of messaging app:
- By opening your phone’s Settings, simply move to a “Apps” list
- After that, choose Message application from the given list
- Next, open Message app and then go to the Storage option
- Here you need to tap on the “Clear Cache” option & confirm it.
- Reboot your device at last & check if the error is fixed.
Fix #4: Boot Your Android Device into Safe Mode
Sometimes, you might have noticed that suddenly you started getting an unexpected error on your phone just after installing any third-party apps.
Similarly, if you are getting unfortunately, IMS service has stopped S6, then boot your device in a safe mode. It will help you to check whether the recently installed third-party applications cause this error or not.
To know how to boot your device in safe mode, you have to follow the step by step procedures:
Step 1: Keep pressing the Power key to turn off your device
Step 2: Now, again press & hold the Power key to turn on the device.
Step 3: For Samsung devices: Press & hold volume down key.
Step 4: Here you need to keep holding the key until the safe mode option appears.
Step 5: Once you get the Safe Mode option, just click on it to run your device into safe mode.
If this method won’t help you to troubleshoot this error, try the next one.
Fix #5: Check For The App Updates To Fix Unfortunately IMS Service Has Stopped
Using an out-dated version of the apps can cause such type of issues on your Android phone. Therefore, if you are using the old version of any app then try to install the latest version of the apps.
Steps to be followed in order to update the apps on Android:
- Open Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
- Then, tap on Menu which is at the top of the left corner
- After that, choose the option “My Apps and Games”.
- Next, tap on “Updates” tab & choose “Refresh” icon.
- At last, tap on “Update All” opt. and then wait until the latest version of apps is installed.
Fix #6: Un-Install Recently Installed Apps
If you’re noticing IMS service keeps stopping S10 errors just after installing any third-party app then it’s possible that recently installed app is the real culprit.
Here you need to uninstall the suspicious app immediately. This action might help you to resolve unfortunately, IMS service has Stopped Galaxy S5 issue.
Follow These Steps And Uninstall The Problem Causing App From Your Phone:
- Open the Setting app on your phone
- Then move to the App drawer option
- Now, you need to open the specific app which you need to uninstall
- At last, restart your device and check whether the error is still persisting or not.
Fix #7: Reset the Message Configuration
This is another working solution that can help you to repair unfortunately IMS service has stopped Galaxy S5 issue.
Let’s check out the below-directed steps:
- Open your Message application on your Android phone
- Move to a more setting option by clicking on Menu (three vertical lines) which is located at the top screen
- Choose Configuration Messages option
- Now, you’ll get the Delete option at the top of the right corner, tap on it.
- Restart your Android phone now.
Fix #8: Erase Texts Messages From Android
Well, it’s quite possible that the issue might occur due to an excessive number of the text messages on Android.
So here, deleting the unwanted text messages from your device may also help you somewhere to fix LG IMS keeps stopping 2022 issue.
Erase the unwanted text messages on Android by applying the below steps:
- First of all, open your Messaging app on your Android phone
- Then, choose “Menu” opt. & simply tap on “Delete Threads”
- Now, here you have to check a box that is in front of an option “Select All” option >> hit “Delete”.
Fix #9: Reset Network Settings
Most of the time, it happens that due to the corrupted network settings you can get IMS service keeps stopping S10 issue. Consequently, resetting network settings could help you to set all your phone’s settings to their default phase.
Here is how you can do so:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Afterward, tap on the General Management and choose Reset
- Again, tap on the Reset Network Settings.
- Finally, hit on Reset Settings opt.
Fix #10: Reset Your Device to Its Factory Setting
Undoubtedly, doing a factory reset on mobile will surely help you to fix the IMS service has stopped on Android. But along with that, you’ll lose all your essential data on your Android phone.
This solution is very risky so you have to apply this method very carefully.
As soon as you try this method, all your phone settings, apps, and other data will be permanently deleted.
So, before performing a factory reset on your phone, don’t forget to save the backup of your essential data in any safe place.
How to perform a factory reset on Android:
- Turn off your device first
- After that, press & hold the Volume Up and Bixby keys together
- Again, you need to press & hold the Power key
- Once the Android phone logo appears on your phone, just release the buttons immediately
- At last, press & hold the Volume down button many times in order to focus on a “factory reset/wipe data” option.
The Bottom Line
The aim of this post is to make you aware of how to fix unfortunately, IMS Service has stopped error. That is why I’ve shown you 11 different ways to resolve this issue.
All the solutions are very easy to apply and I’m sure one of them will definitely help you to solve Samsung s9 IMS service keeps stopping.
However, if you want an instant method to solve LG IMS keeps stopping problem, I will suggest you use the Android Repair tool.
I hope you like this post…!