Android WIFI stuck on obtaining IP address is one of the annoying issues encountered by users. When this error occurs users can’t able to connect their devices to the WiFi. Therefore, if you are also facing this error, then try to fix it by rebooting the device and router, enabling and disabling the Wi-Fi, reconnecting the network, or using the best Android Repair Tool.
Besides, there are some other solutions as well that can assist you to get rid of a Wi-Fi connection stuck on obtaining IP address.
Though, in this post, I have gathered all the possible fixes to troubleshoot No IP address WiFi successfully.
What Does It Mean When It Says Obtaining IP Address?
The error “obtaining IP address” arises when you try to connect to the Wi-Fi network or hotspot.
Although the above-shown error prevents you from using this network for any other network resources. Besides, this issue can occur on all the Android phones & software versions.
Why Does It Keep Saying Obtaining IP Address?
There are numerous causes that can trigger this problem. Some of them are listed below:
- Due to Android phone bugs
- Poor or bad Wi-Fi signal
- Changing the wireless settings on a router
- Sudden wireless interfering
- Router malfunction, etc.
So, these all are the root causes behind the occurrence of failed to obtain IP address WIFI error.
Now you must be worried to know how do I fix WIFI failed to obtain IP address. Just scroll down this page and get your answer in the next section.
Recommended Way to Fix WIFI Stuck On “Obtaining IP Address” In Android
When we are talking about the safest way to solve any Android-related issues and bugs, the Android Repair Tool has proven the best.
This is award-winning software that helps millions of Android users to fix numerous issues like -“sorry, this media file doesn’t exist on card”, the camera has stopped, the gallery has stopped, and more including “WIFI hangs on obtaining IP address” error.
The best part about this program is that you can try it even without having any technical skills. Besides, it is a user-friendly & easy-to-use tool.
Hurry up! Without any delay, just download and install this feature-loaded utility to solve this error.
Follow the step-by-step guide to use this program.
How To Resolve Android WiFi Stuck on Obtaining IP Address Error?
- Reboot Your Android Device
- Reboot Router
- Disable & Again Enable The Wi-Fi
- Toggle The Airplane Mode
- Take Your Phone Closer to the Router
- Re-Connect To The Network
- Change Your Device Name
- Turn Off The Private DNS
- Assign Static Internet Provider Address
- Install The FXR WIFI Fix Application On Your Phone
- Remove The Unwanted Files
- Reset The Network Settings
- Set-Up the WPA2-PSK On a Router
- Perform Factory Reset On Your Mobile
Reboot Your Android Device
The simplest solution that you can try to fix WIFI stuck on obtaining IP address is to restart your mobile.
Most of the users have found this method useful to solve numerous Android-related issues. Therefore, once you must try it and check if the error solved.
If not, proceed to try the next way.
When the router miss to assign the IP address of a specific network then your WIFI hangs on obtaining IP address. In such a situation, you are required to reboot the router in order to resolve this problem.
However, to do so, use a Power button of your router, then turn off it for thirty seconds & plug in again.
Disable & Again Enable The Wi-Fi
Another trick that you can try to troubleshoot obtaining IP address issue is to disable & enable the WIFI. For this, you need to swipe down a notification panel & simply tap on Wi-Fi icon.
Otherwise, navigate to the Settings on your phone and then Network and Internet & toggle off a Wi-Fi network.
Now, to enable a Wi-Fi, follow the same instructions stated in this method. After this, try re-joining a network & check if the issue continues or not.
Toggle The Airplane Mode
In order to repair this issue, you can also enable the Airplane mode. Doing so will turn off all services including Wi-Fi.
Here are the easy steps in order to enable & disable the airplane mode:
Step 1: At first, pull-down a notification bar on your device.
Step 2: Next, click on an Airplane Mode >> wait for some time
Step 3: At this time, again tap on it to disable the airplane mode.
Take Your Phone Closer to the Router
If you’re out of the router’s connection range then it might be difficult for your device to connect with the network.
And as a result, you may receive the Wi-Fi stuck on obtaining IP address error.
In such a situation, you need to take your device nearer to the router immediately and then check whether your phone is able to re-establish the connection with a Wi-Fi network or not.
Re-Connect To The Network
This is one of the simplest ways which you can try to troubleshoot this problem.
When you reconnect to a network connection, the router forgets its previous attempt and again begins a new process in order to assign you the IP address.
I am suggesting you this method because if the problem arises due to some temporary interference, this method can help you.
The below-guided steps will direct you to know how to reconnect to a network.
- Open your phone’s Settings and click on Connections;
- Then, again click on the Wi-Fi;
- Here you need to tap & hold on a selected Wi-Fi network
- Now, select the Forget Network
- After doing all this, just log in to the Wi-fi network as usual.
If this approach won’t help you to deal with such error messages then move on to the next one.
After trying the above methods if still failed to obtain IP address issue persists, then you should immediately try Android Repair Tool mentioned above in this post.
Change Your Device Name
It’s quite possible that there is some problem with your device name. Changing the device name can help you to eliminate WiFi stuck on obtaining IP address issues. Follow these steps and change your device’s name.
Step 1: Open your “Settings” app
Step 2: Then, go to System updates in the About Phone
Step 3: Now, click on your device or phone Name
Step 4: Here, you need to enter the new name of your device
Step 5: At last, restart your Android phone.
How To Fix Android Wifi Stuck On Obtaining IP Address Turn Off The Private DNS?
You might not know but few times private DNS on the Android phone can lead to such kinds of errors. There’re numerous users who’ve reported that Wi-Fi fails to obtain the IP address but they get rid of this issue by disabling the private DNS on Android.
Assign Static Internet Provider Address
- Go to the Phone’s Settings app & choose “Network & internet”
- Then, choose “Wi-Fi.”
- Next, long-press the network that you cannot connect to.
- At this time, choose “Modify network” then “Show advanced options”
- Search “IP settings” & simply choose “Static”
- Under an IP address, you need to change a last number (you can take any digit between 1 to 225.
- Now, try to connect it.
Install The FXR WIFI Fix Application On Your Phone
Several users have conveyed that an FXR Wi-Fi fix application has been solved the “phone WIFI stuck on obtaining IP address”.
So, I would also like to recommend you to open your Play Store app and install it to get rid of this issue.
Remove The Unwanted Files
Let me tell you very clearly that if your device is rooted then only you can try this technique. Otherwise, you can try another option that is the Android Repair Tool mentioned in this post.
- On your smartphone, download & install an ES File Explorer
- Here, you need to allow the root permission if ask
- From a menu, you are required to choose the Root explorer
- At this time, go to the below path and delete all unwanted files:
- Finally, reboot your mobile >> check if the issue is fixed or not.
Reset The Network Settings
Resetting a network connection is another possible method that can help you to get rid of this error message.
Although, this proficient feature exists on each and every smartphone & it wouldn’t delete any of data or apps present on your device.
Try Out The Below Effective Steps In Order To Reset A Network Settings:
Step 1: Just go to the Settings and then System
Step 2: In the second step, select Reset Options >> Reset the WiFi, Mobile and Bluetooth.
Step 3: Tap on the Reset settings.
Set-Up the WPA2-PSK On a Router
Follow the beneath instructions to set-up the WPA2-PSK on a Router with ease:
- Go to router’s web interface
- After this, look for Wireless security page
- For security code, choose WPA2-PSK
- For Encryption type, you need to select the AES
- Then, click the Save settings >> forget the WiFi network.
- Lastly, re-connect your device to a network.
Perform Factory Reset On Your Mobile
After trying the above solutions if you’re still getting Android phone wifi stuck on obtaining IP address error on your Android phone then now it’s time to perform the factory reset on your device.
However, this solution helps you to get rid of several kinds of errors, bugs, and issues.
Now, check out the below-given steps to know how to perform a factory reset your device:
- Open your Settings app and choose the System
- Then, tap on Reset.
- And click on Erase all data or factory reset.
Note: This action is supposed to delete all the existing data on your Android device. So, before doing factory reset on your device kindly save the backup of all your essential data so you can recover them afterward.
FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]
How Do I Manually Enter An IP Address For WIFI?
Follow the below-given procedures and enter the IP address for Wi-Fi manually:
- Press the MENU or HOME button.
- Choose Settings or Setup > Network
- Again, choose Network Setup
- Then, select Wireless or Wired.
- Choose Custom or Manual
- Now, enter IP information that is obtained from your PC.
Can't Connect To Wi-Fi Without IP?
These steps will help you to connect to the Wi-Fi without IP:
- At first, go to the System Preferences -> Network -> WIFI
- Under the Wi-Fi, it’ll read No IP address then click on Advanced < TCP/IP
- Again, choose Renew DHCP Lease in order to assign the fresh IP address.
How Do I Fix My IP Address On My Android?
You can try to fix the IP address on your Android device by changing the IP address manually.
- Open your phone’s Settings app
- Then, go to Wireless & Networks & tap on Wi-Fi network
- Again, click on Modify Network and choose Advanced Options
- Change an IP address now.
Does Wifi Have The Same IP Address?
No, Wi-Fi doesn’t always have the same IP Address.
Several users are experiencing my WIFI is stuck on obtaining IP address issue on their Android device.
But, thankfully you have the best guide that clarifies how to fix Wi-Fi stuck on obtaining IP address on Android phone.
In this tutorial, you’ll get both the manuals as well as the automatic solution which will help you to come out of this error.
Hopefully, your problem gets solved.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.