Undoubtedly, Google Maps is known as the number one navigating app in the world. But it doesn’t mean that this app has always guaranteed to work flawlessly without any problem. You may encounter some issues while using this app just like “Google Maps not working on Android”.
So, if you are having the same issue, then keep on reading this article.
But before diving to the solutions, let’s find out – Why is Google maps not working On Android phones?
Why Is Google Maps Not Working On Android?
Generally, Google Maps may stop working due to the bad/poor internet connection & GPS on Android.
However, there are other reasons as well that can cause Google maps crashes when starting navigation issues. It could be both hardware and software-related problems.
Thus, below I’ve listed some other common reasons. They are:
- Google Maps needs an update
- Google servers down
- Not enabled the location services
- Due to Cache files of Google maps
As you have learned the possible causes, now it’s a time to troubleshoot the Google maps not working 2021 issue with best fixes.
[Recommended] Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue On Android
If you don’t want to go for any complicated solutions to fix this error, then I would like to recommend you to try an expert Android Repair Tool.
This utility is specially designed to resolve several Android-related errors like the black screen of death, moisture detected, USB device not reorganized, Android 11 Bluetooth issues, and Google Maps not working properly.
The best thing about this software is that- you can operate it even without having technical skills. So, you need only download and install this program on your device and run it without any trouble.
Follow The Step-By-Step Guide To Operate This Software.
How To Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue On Android Phone?
These are the simple tricks to deal with the error:
- Restart your Smartphone
- Check Internet Connection Of Device
- Uninstall & Re-install Google Maps
- Update Google Maps App to Its Latest Version
- Clear Cache Files Of Google Maps
- Install Newest Version Of The Google Play Services
- Enable The Location Permissions
- Uninstall All Updates Of Google Maps
- Recalibrate Compass
- Re-login To Your Google Account
- Turn On High Accuracy Mode
- Reset All The Settings
- Try To Download Offline Maps
- Use The Google Maps Go
- Reset The Google Play Services
- Perform Factory Reset On Your Device
Fix #1: Restart your Smartphone To Fix Google Maps Not Working Today
However, this method is common yet it’s a very useful way to fix Google Maps not working on Android auto. Yes, restarting the device has a capability to solve several kinds of minor as well as major glitches on phone.
Rebooting the device not only helps to fix the errors but also refreshes your whole system & boosts up the device. All you need do is to keep pressing the Power button of your phone and then tap on Restart option.
Fix #2: Check Internet Connection Of Device
Before trying any other solutions, don’t forgot to check the internet connection of your device. As you know, Google Maps needs a constant & stable internet connection to run properly.
So, make sure that your device’s internet is turned on and working properly. For that, you have to swipe the notification bar from the top of the screen & then check whether the mobile data is enabled or not.
Fix #3: Uninstall & Reinstall Google Maps
If you are facing Google maps not working today issue on your smartphone then try to solve Google maps stopped working on Android Samsung error by reinstalling the Google maps.
Check out the below given instructions to know the process:
- Open your Google Play Store app
- Then, go to My app and games & locate the Google Maps & uninstall it.
- Now, install your Google Maps app again.
After performing the above steps, restart your Android device once.
Fix #4: Update Google Maps App to Its Latest Version
Generally, updating the app brings several new features & potential fixes of all issues related to an app.
In order to update the Google Maps app, you need to follow these easy steps:
- Visit a Google Play store app on Android
- Then, type “Google Maps” in the search box
- After that, simply check for the app updates. If any update option is available beside the Google Maps app then hit the Update button now.
Fix #5: Clear Cache Files Of Google Maps
This kind of error usually occurs due to not clearing the cache files of the app for a long duration. So, let’s try to fix the Google maps not showing search results issue by clearing the Google Maps cache.
Below directed steps will help you to clear the cache of the Google Maps app:
- Head over to your phone’s Settings app then choose Apps/ Application Manager
- Then, simply go to the All Apps option >> Google Maps
- At last, tap on Storage & then Clear Cache.
Fix #6: Install Newest Version Of The Google Play Services
Most of the users believe that using the newest version of Google Play services help a lot to solve Google related problems.
Therefore, here I would like to suggest you to update the Google play services to fix Google maps not working Android 12 problems.
What You Need To Do:
- Open your Google Play Store app on your Android phone
- Next, look for the “Play Services”
- And then, simply hit the Update.
Fix #7: Enable The Location Permissions
Well, if the Google Maps aren’t able to pin point the exact location then there is a possibility that the Location permissions of your device is disabled.
So, you need to ensure that the Location permissions of your device are always granted. Here’s how to do so:
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings app then choose Apps.
- Then, simply move down to Google Maps & choose it.
- Again, choose Permissions >> Location.
- Now, ensure that Allow all a time is already selected.
Fix #8: Uninstall All Updates Of Google Maps
Many times, there is a possibility that application updates might be faulty and thus they can cause such kind of problems at a time.
Therefore, you should try to fix the Google maps stopped working on Android Samsung error by uninstalling all the new updates of the Google Maps.
Check out the below instructions in order to uninstall the updates of Google Maps:
- At first, head over to your phone’s Settings app
- Afterwards, tap on App or Apps info (steps may vary in different phone brands)
- Now, choose the Google Maps app from the given list
- Finally, click on vertical ellipsis “⋮”, & hit on uninstall updates
Fix #9: Recalibrate Compass To Fix Google Maps Not Working On Android 11
You might know that Google Maps always needs your exact current location in order to show the flawless directions.
For this, it’s very much important to calibration the Google Maps compass.
But, in case the maps compass isn’t calibrated then it could lead Google Maps not working properly issue.
Below guided procedures will help you to recalibrate the maps compass of your device:
- At first, open your Google Maps application & then click on Blue Dot which displays your recent location.
- Here, you’ll get “Calibrate Compass” option at the bottom of the left corner
- Make a tap in “Calibrate Compass” opt. & and start following the instructions provided on a screen.
Hopefully, this method may help you to repair Google maps not working OnePlus issue.
Fix #10: Re-login To Your Google Account To Fix Google Maps Not Connecting to Internet
All the Google applications need a specific Google account to run. In case some problem occurs on your Google account then this will also affect the Google related apps including Google Maps.
You might not use any of the Google apps. Therefore, it is observed by several users that re-login to the Google account usually helps to fix this kind of Google related issues.
Here are the easy steps to remove & Re-login to the Google account
- Go to the Settings app then open your Google account.
- Now, you’ll see the list of all accounts previously signed in to your device.
- Look for your Google account & simply open it.
- And then, tap on the Remove Account option and then again log in into it.
Fix #11: Turn On High Accuracy Mode
Usually, most of the people avoid using this method because it consumes extra data & battery life, nonetheless it is important to keep this option for the Google Maps to function flawlessly.
Thus, its name suggests, turning on the high accuracy mode in location settings can help you to know the exact location.
- Open your phone’s Settings then move to a Security & Location.
- After that, tap on the Location which you’ll under privacy
- Again, tap on the mode & choose the High Accuracy Mode.
- At last, toggle on & off the GPS/location from a notification bar.
In this way, you can change location mode in Android phone. Now check if your Google maps not working 2022 problem is fixed.
Fix #12: Reset All The Settings
This is another useful way to fix Google Maps not working in Android mobile issue. So, let’s reset the Android phone settings by following the below steps:
- At first, openyour phone’s Settings
- Then, click on General Management >> Reset opt.
- At the end, hit on the Reset Network settings.
That’s it! You have done. Now just re-launch an Google Maps app on your device & check whether the issue is still persisting or not.
Fix #13: Try To Download Offline Maps
You can also use this alternative way to deal with the Google map not working issue. However, it’s not a fixes but downloading offline maps can help you this moment until Google map problem is solved.
Steps to be followed to download the offline map:
- In the first step, you have to open your Google Maps app
- After that, look for a place where you wish to download the map
- Next, swipe your phone’s screen in order to view the additional options & touch the download.
Fix #14: Use The Google Maps Go
Well, this is an optional way to solve Google maps not working on Huawei error. If nothing works then you can use this lighter version of the Google Maps until and unless the Google maps problem is solved.
Fix #15: Reset The Google Play Services
If you are still unable to resolve Google maps not working 2021 issue then try resetting the Google play Services. For that, you need to follow these easy steps:
- Navigate to a Settings app & then move to the Apps & notifications.
- Here you need to look for the Google Play Services in the app list
- Now, tap on ‘Storage & cache’ >> Clear storage.
- At last, move to the next page & hit on ‘Clear all data’.
After performing the above steps, wait for a while until the process is finished & then again check whether the Maps is working properly or not.
Fix #16: Perform Factory Reset On Your Device
This is the last resort that you can try to solve Google maps crashes when starting navigation on Android. Yes, doing a factory resetting is a permanent but risky solution.
So, you should be very careful while executing this method. This is because, factory resetting the mobile will delete everything from your phone including settings, apps & other data.
Try out the below given steps to know how to factory reset your device:
- Head to the Settings app on your Android phone
- In a search box, find the Factory Resetoption & click on the Backup & reset.
- Again, tap on the Factory data reset
- Finally, tap on Reset.
Note: Before trying this method, don’t forget to take backup of your crucial files like- photos, videos, chats, notes, etc.
Hopefully, this troubleshooting guide may help you to fix Google Maps not working on Android phone.
I have discussed all the possible ways to resolve Google maps GPS not working on Android, now it’s depends upon you whether you want to go with the manuals or automatic solution- Android Repair.
Thanks for reading my post.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.