Does your tethering Hotspot not working on Android phone? If this is so then keep on reading this troubleshooting guide.
Hotspot allows users to share mobile data over Wi-Fi with others. It is handy but sometimes, users can face some unusual circumstances where their Hotspot not working. Thus, if you are in such a situation, then you are at the correct webpage. In this post, you will learn how to fix tethering Hotspot not working Android with the 12 best tips.
So, let’s get started with the fixes…
How To Fix Tethering Hotspot Not Working On Android Phone?
Follow these solutions one by one until the issue is fixed.
Fix 1: Necessary Things To Check
Don’t be hurry! Before learning the tweaks to troubleshoot Hotspot not working on Android; you need to check some necessary things.
- Determine your Internet Connection is enabled or not
- Check whether the hotspot connection is enabled
- Make sure Wi-Fi connection should be disabled
- Check if your mobile data plan is expired.
Fix 2: Restart your Android Phone
Whenever you come across any kind of errors or bugs, the first step you should always take is – Restart your Android device. I know, this method might sound simple but it’s much more effective than others.
If the Android 11 hotspot not working issue is the result of small glitches then restarting the device will fix it as soon.
Long press the Power key of your device until the menu appears on the screen. After that, choose and tap on the Restart option. And your Android device will restart itself.
Fix 3: Check the Receiver Device
There might be the case when your hotspot works perfectly but the receiver device might have some issues in it.
Fix 4: Disable The Battery Saver Mode To Fix Hotspot Not Working On Android
Nevertheless, the Battery Saver mode saves the battery life of your phone but sometimes it may delay your hotspot connection. Therefore, it’s better to disable this mode from a Settings menu.
- Access your phone’s Settings
- Then, move to a Battery menu
- And choose Battery Saver
- Now, tap on Turn off now.
Now, check whether the hotspot connection is working is not.
Fix 5: Enable & Disable The Airplane Mode
Oftentimes, this kind of problem occurs due to network connectivity issues. But don’t you worry, it can be easily solved with a simple trick – enable and disable the airplane mode.
All you need to do is swipe down the notification bar from a top of the screen. And then enable the Flight/Airplane toggle. Turning on the airplane mode will disable all network connections in your device. Now, wait for a few seconds and turn off this option again.
Fix 6: Check For The System Updates
Most of the time, it happens that due to an outdated version of the OS you can face such sorts of errors including Hotspot not working in mobile. So, once you should check if your Android OS needs to update or not. To do so:
- Visit the Settings menu on your phone
- Then, move to About phone
- Next, click on the System update & then Check for updates in order to check whether the updates are available or not.
Fix 7: Disable the VPN
Using the Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a smart technique to defend your online privacy but this may also cause mobile connectivity issues.
Thus, it’s always recommended to turn off the VPNs while using the mobile’s hotspot to avoid connection problems.
Check out these steps to know how to disable the VPN and fix a Hotspot not working in mobile:
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings app.
- Then, choose Network & internet.
- Again, choose Advanced then > VPN.
- Now, you can disable your VPNs.
Fix 8: Reset The Network Settings
Resetting the network setting is another effective resort that you can try to fix the hotspot not working on Android phone issues. Doing this will clear the saved networks as well as Wi-Fi passwords. Remember, it will not delete any of the other data.
Follow these steps to how to reset the network settings:
- Head to the Settings app then go to General Management >> Reset.
- In case, you didn’t find these options then open your Settings app then >>System >> Reset options.
- Finally, hit the Reset network Settings then >> Reset settings.
- In a few models, you have to tap on the Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth then >>Reset settings.
Fix 9: Wipe Cache Data
- Keep pressing & holding Volume Up + Power Keys together of your Android device.
- Now, your phone will reboot in Recovery mode.
- Once you entered into the recovery mode, move to Wipe & Reset (Use your Volume key to move up & down then use the Power key to confirm a selection)
- Lastly, you need to choose a Wipe cache data/partition in order to clear out the cache files.
- And you are done! Restart your device now.
Fix 10: Reset The Device To Factory Settings
If you have reached to a situation where all the above-listed solutions fail to work then you have no other option rather than performing a factory reset on Android.
Before executing this method to get rid of mobile hotspot not working on Android phones, you must note one thing – resetting the device will delete all your personal data including pictures, videos, contacts, apps, settings, & other info.
How to perform a factory reset on Android:
- Open your Settings app then go to the System
- After that, choose Advanced and then tap on Reset options
- At last, hit on ‘Erase all data’ or Factory Reset.
Fix 11: Visit A Service Center
If the hotspot not working on Android issue is not fixed even after trying the above-listed methods then it’s time to take your Android device to a service center. There might be some hardware-related issue in your device which can’t be fixed manually.
This kind of problem is usually solved by the specialists. They will examine the whole device and do the needful.
Try Professional Android Repair Tool To Fix
In our previous articles, we have already said that, if you don’t want to try any complicated or manual methods then you should use Android Repair Tool.
It is fully feature-loaded & has the ability to fix all sorts of Android-related issues such as SD card not detected, moisture detected, apps keep crashing, Bluetooth issues, unfortunately messaging has stopped, and many more in a few simple clicks. So, it can definitely assist you to fix mobile Hotspot not working on Android phones.
Besides, it is easy to use program and doesn’t require any technical skill to operate it.
Thus, without any delay, download & install this software on your device and follow the step-by-step guide of this software.
Dealing with the hotspot not working issue can be frustrating but don’t worry! This issue can be easily tackled with the aforementioned solutions. We have presented so many fixes to solve hotspot not working on Android.
However, if you want to try any advanced solution to fix this issue then you can use the Android Repair Tool. It is one of the best troubleshooting software which will definitely help you to get rid of this problem.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.