Check out this article & learn 11 working fixes to solve Instagram oops an error occurred issue on Android phone successfully.
In this era, Instagram is a free social media platform that allows its users to share photos & videos with their family, friends, relatives, and followers.
Despite having countless ingenious features, still users are encountering different errors and issues while using Instagram.
One such error that users are currently experiencing and reporting while accessing Instagram is- “Oops, An Error Occurred”.
Thus, if you are recently dealing with the same error and want to fix it then keep on reading this post.
But before proceeding to know how to fix “oops an error occurred Instagram”, let’s know one of the real user’s scenarios.
I rooted 2 Weeks ago my OP6 with Magisk and every work is working fine except Instagram
It worked 1 week but then it shows me a error message when i open Instagram (“Oops, an error occurred. “).
I have no plan how to fix this error…
– I uninstalled the app and installed it again
– I deleted the cache
– I deleted the storage data
– I changed my password
but still no effect?
Has someone a similar problem or maybe any fix?
I mean i dont think that this is a “ban” or “block” because I never posted something which causes a ban?
I hope this is not the wrong section (if yes, sorry for that ) and someone can help me! thank you!
What Causes Instagram Oops, An Error Occurred?
Oops, an error occurred Instagram usually arises when the Instagram app fails to find the working connection with its servers.
Even though, you may come across this error message in different situations like while signing into the account, trying to like or comment on someone’s post, launching the Instagram app, and when trying to post a story.
Well, there could be several causes that can lead to this problem, a few of them are as follows:
- The corrupt cache of the Instagram app.
- Instagram oops an error occurred can take place due to down Instagram servers.
- Weak network connection
- Due to the corrupt installation of an Insta app.
- Because of user account problem.
- Using an unidentified device to log in.
- Outdated Instagram app
So, these are the major factors for Instagram says oops an error occurred issue.
Now, let’s move on to troubleshoot this error message with possible fixes.
How To Fix “Instagram Oops An Error Occurred” Message?
Follow the below step-by-step methods to fix the problem effectively.
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Restart the Instagram App
- Restart Your Android
- Check For The Instagram Servers
- Re-login To Your Instagram Account
- Update Instagram App
- Clear Instagram App Cache & Data
- Solution 8: Change Instagram Account Password
- Uninstall & Reinstall Instagram App
- Use Different Device
- Report A Problem
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Since Instagram is an online photo-video sharing application that needs a strong network connection to work properly.
It might possible that an error has occurred Instagram login due to a poor internet connection. Therefore, ensure that your device has a stable network connection.
If you are using your mobile data, then enable and disable the Airplane Mode to tackle the situation.
But if you are using Wi-Fi, switch to another strong Wi-Fi network.
Solution 2: Restart the Instagram App
Another basic tweak that you can try is to close & restart the Instagram app.
Doing this will not only refreshes your application but also clear cache files to resolve this bug.
Solution 3: Restart Your Android To Fix Oops An Error Occurred Instagram
Sometimes restarting the device resolves minor as well as major issues. So, why don’t you try this once?
If you want to reboot your phone, follow these steps:
- Long press a “Power” button on your phone.
- Choose the “Restart/Reboot” from various options.
- Once the device is restarted successfully, open the app and check if Instagram login oops, an error occurred is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Check For The Instagram Servers
As I have already mentioned in the causes section, a down-app server might also result in such sorts of errors while signing into the account, trying to like or comment on someone’s post, launching the Instagram app, and when trying to post a story.
Hereby it’s recommended to check whether the Instagram server is down or not. To check for Instagram server, you can use Downdetector.
After checking, if found under maintenance or outage, you can’t do anything. Although you need to wait until the problem gets solved by itself.
Solution 5: Resolve Instagram Oops An Error Occurred By Re-login To Your Instagram Account
You can even sign out and again login to your Instagram account to get rid of oops, an error occurred Instagram.
In order to do so, you have to follow the beneath steps:
- Firstly, click on a Profile icon of a user.
- Then, tap on a hamburger
- Next, go to Settings option >> tap on “Log Out” option.
- Finally, re-login to your Instagram account and check if the issue is solved or not.
Solution 6: Update Instagram App
Using an outdated version of an Instagram app can also lead to several issues like “couldn’t refresh feed”, error an unknown network error has occurred, and many more including oops an error occurred in Instagram.
So, it is mandatory to check whether your Instagram app is updated or not. If not, try these steps:
- Open Play Store application > tap on the Hamburger Menu.
- Select the option “My Apps & Games”.
- Here, you will see the list of all installed apps on your phone >> find Instagram
- Click on an Update option opposite to an Instagram.
Solution 7: Clear Instagram App Cache & Data
Too many Instagram app cache & data might also result in such sorts of problems like Instagram app says oops an error occurred.
Consequently, it’s essential to clear out the Instagram app cache to tackle the situation.
Here is how you can do so:
- On your Android, go to the Settings.
- Tap on Apps/App Manager
- Find & select Instagram app>> click on storage.
- At this time, tap on both the options- Clear Cache & Clear Data.
Solution 8: Change Instagram Account Password
If the above 7 tweaks fail to fix this issue, then you have another option which is to reset your Instagram account password.
Many users have found this method helpful in their cases to fix oops an error occurred Instagram password reset.
Here is how you can reset your Instagram password easily:
- Open Instagram app >> enter your username.
- Choose the option “Forgot password”.
- Now, you will see the next screen asking you to enter a new password & retype it to confirm.
- At last, you’ll receive a confirmation code through SMS or mail.
- Simply type the code that you have received. Now, you will see the issue has been fixed.
Solution 9: Uninstall & Reinstall Instagram App
It might possible that your Instagram app contains some bugs or issues due to which you’re receiving an “Instagram oops an error occurred challenge” message. In such a situation, consider uninstalling & reinstalling the Instagram app to make it worthwhile.
For this, follow the below easy steps:
- On your phone, go to the Settings app >> tap on Apps/App Manager/Applications.
- Find Instagram app from an app list & tap on it.
- Click on Uninstall option for removing the app.
- At this time, launch Play Store app >> search for Instagram app & tap on Install option.
- Once the app is installed successfully, open your installed Instagram app & try to post or upload a photo/video to your Instagram feed.
Solution 10: Use Different Device
One more way that you can give a try that is to access your Instagram account using another device.
Simply get a different phone and log in with your Instagram credentials. Once log in successfully, try to post or upload a video to your Instagram.
Solution 11: Report A Problem To Solve Instagram Oops, An Error Occurred
Even after trying the above DIY fixes, still you are getting the same error message then – Contact to Instagram Support.
Although Instagram is an absolute social media application, they care for its users. Therefore, you should stab to contact Instagram support team through Instagram Support.
Here is how you can do so:
- In the Instagram profile, click on the menu icon>> select Settings to access more options.
- Here and now, choose Help option from several options that are followed via Report a Problem.
- Lastly, provide the brief description of your problem & hit Send Report (Please attach the screenshot of the error message).
Getting errors and bugs while accessing the Instagram app can be really frustrating. It could be more frustrating when these bugs won’t let users access their Instagram accounts. Oops an error occurred Instagram message is one of them.
Let’s come to the point…This article covers 11 quick methods to fix Instagram oops an error occurred 2022 along with the causes.
All you need to do is to apply the solutions mentioned here and get rid of it.
I hope, you liked this post for Instagram oops, an error occurred 2022.
Thanks for reading…!
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.