Lost your files on the Motorola phone? Don’t know how to recover them? Don’t worry!! Recovering deleted data is not as difficult as you think. Follow the given Motorola phone data recovery methods discussed in this article and get back your lost files.
We all use to have important data on our smartphones, right from photos, and videos to documents. Doesn’t matter how careful we are toward the saved data on our phones, there could be incidents where we may lose this data.
It can happen by accidentally deleting the data, system failure, or due to any other possible reasons. So, if you have lost the Motorola phone data, then you must go through this guide.
Here, you will get to know about the automatic as well as manual methods of recovering deleted data on the Motorola phone. So, without wasting any further time, go ahead with these data recovery methods.
Is it Possible to Recover Lost Data from the Motorola Phone?
Yes, it is still possible to recover the deleted files on Motorola phones. Although the data is deleted from the phone, there is a possibility to get them back on your phone.
The actual fact that you might not know is when you delete the file from your phone it doesn’t go anywhere and remains on the device. When you deleted the file Android makes the memory space occupied by that file as empty.
It means that you cannot see the file anymore on your device as the Android shows it as missing. Also, Android marks the space contained by the deleted file as a write-over which means you can recover the data as long as the space is unused.
Once you download any files, the memory space will be occupied with the new data, and won’t be able to recover the deleted data. Hence, it is suggested not to use your phone or download any file until you get back the lost data on the Motorola phone. It would be even better to put your phone on airplane mode.
Now, go ahead and follow the Motorola phone data recovery methods to recover lost files on your phone.
Also Read: Restore Photos, Videos, Contacts, & More from Micromax Phone
Best Software to Recover Lost Data from Motorola Phone
When it comes to recovering the last data files on the phone, you will always have two ways, i.e. automatic method and manual methods. You can apply the manual methods but it doesn’t guarantee recovery.
That’s why I always recommend using the Android Data Recovery Tool. This tool will recover all kinds of data, such as messages, contacts, videos, music, files, photos, and much more. It works on almost all Android devices.
Adding to this, this tool can also retrieve data from dead/broken screen phones. So, if you want instant recovery without any hassle, then give this tool a try.
Follow the step-by-step guide of this tool.
How to Perform Motorola Phone Data Recovery Without Software?
|1: Recover Photos and Videos from Motorola Phone Using Google Photos|
|2: Use Google Drive to Get Back Lost Files on Motorola Phones|
|3: Retrieve Deleted Contacts from Motorola Android Phone|
|4: Get Back Deleted Text Messages on Motorola|
#1: Recover Photos and Videos from Motorola Phone Using Google Photos
As you know, Google Photos is cloud storage that allows users to upload photos and videos to the cloud. It provides 15 GB of free storage space to save your photos/videos on the server. So, even though images or videos are removed from your phone, you still have a chance to recover them via Google Photos. But Google Photos will only be able to able to backup your media files if the Sync option is enabled.
So, if you have a backup of the deleted photos/videos on Google Photos, then follow these steps to get them back on your phone:
- Open the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Tap on the Menu button (three horizontal lines given at the top-left corner of the screen).
- Go to the Trash option from the list.
- Select the photos/videos you want to restore.
- Tap on the Restore button to recover the deleted photos/videos on the Motorola phone.
#2: Use Google Drive to Get Back Lost Files Motorola Phones
Another cloud storage service Google provides for Android users is Google Drive. It is another best way to back up and restores your data. Here, you will get 15GB of free storage space to store different kinds of files, such as notes, documents, audio, videos, and others.
To restore the deleted data from Google Drive, go through the below-given steps:
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Go to the My Drive section. Here, you can see all the backed-up data on Google Drive.
- Now, select the files you wish to restore.
- Tap on the three vertical dots given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Download option from the list, and now the files will be restored on your device.
#3: Retrieve Deleted Contacts from Motorola Android Phone
If you have deleted the contacts on your Motorola phone and now are searching for the methods to recover them, then the easiest way of doing this is to use Google Contacts.
If you have backed up your contacts on Google Contacts, then you can follow these steps to get them back:
- Open Google Contacts > sign in with your Google account used while setting up the phone.
- Tap on the More option given on the left panel of the screen.
- Select Undo changes.
- Now, tap on the Confirm button once you show up in a message box.
- Next, go to the Accounts and then Google.
- Tap on the Restore contacts to restore contacts.
However, if you don’t have a backup of the contacts, then you must follow this article to know about other ways to recover the deleted contacts: Android Contacts Recovery.
#4: Get Back Deleted Text Messages on Motorola
If you have lost the SMSs on your Motorola phone, and now wondering how to get them back, then don’t worry there are some ways to recover them.
There are various ways of retrieving the deleted text messages on the Motorola phone. But the easiest way of recovering contacts is using the backup. So, if you have a backup of the text messages of your Motorola phone on the PC or any other storage device, then you can use it to restore the messages.
But, if you don’t have a backup, then also you can get back the contacts. So, the alternate way to recover the deleted SMS on the Motorola phone is using the cell phone carriers. You can contact your carriers and can ask them to retrieve the missing messages as they maintain all the details, such as call logs, ID addresses, messages, etc.
Or, you may also go through the other Android SMS recovery methods to find out more ways to recover the deleted text messages on Motorola phones.
How to Recover Deleted Data from SD Card on Motorola Phone?
Android allows users to use SD cards on phones due to the limited internal memory space. Adding an SD card to the phone can extend the storage space so that you can save more data to it.
But unfortunately, sometimes users lost the data of SD cards. So, if you are also one of those users who have deleted the files on the SD card and now want to recover them then here is a solution for you.
You can use the backup of the SD card to restore the deleted data. But what if you don’t have a backup of the external SD card? Don’t worry, there are a few ways to get back those deleted data. For this, you need to check out the Android SD Card Recovery methods.
Also Read: 6 Ways to Recover Deleted Files From Realme Phone
Common Reasons that May Lead You to Data Loss on Your Motorola Phone
- If your phone is running out of battery and you are trying to save or share data while having a low battery on the phone.
- When your Motorola phone is infected with a virus or malware, it will affect the saved file and you may lose all the data of your phone.
- If the SD card of your phone is corrupted or damaged, then it will erase all the data present on the card.
- When you forcefully change the extension of the file, it removes all the data.
- If you have accidentally deleted the data.
- Sudden system failure can also be responsible for the data loss on the Motorola phone.
- Performing the factory reset on the phone wipes out all the data saved on the device.
- If your phone is broken or dead, then also you will not be able to access the data.
- When an app gets corrupted all of its related will be removed. Not only this but it may also corrupt other saved files on the phone.
How to Avoid Data Loss Situations on Motorola Android Phones?
Data loss can happen at any time. So, it’s better to be prepared for such situations. Following are the precautions we should follow to avoid data loss on Motorola phones:
- Avoid removing the memory card while using it on the phone as doing this will lead you to data loss.
- Always keep your phone charged to avoid data loss situations.
- Avoid taking photos or capturing videos while the phone has a low battery.
- Don’t mishandle the SD card on your phone. Try to remove or insert the SD card carefully.
- Back up your phone on daily basis.
- Don’t connect your Motorola or any other Android phone to virus-infected devices.
- Install a trusted & reliable antivirus tool on your phone.
- Check twice before deleting any file on your phone.
- To prevent the accidental deletion of data, ensure the memory card has the “Write Protect” feature. There are so many apps available on the internet that offers the write-protect feature to the memory card.
The above-given Motorola phone data recovery methods will help you to recover lost photos, videos, contacts, and SMS on the Motorola phone. You can go with any of the automatic and manual methods to get back your lost data.
I hope this guide helps you to retrieve the deleted data on your phone. If you have any other queries related to Android data recovery, then feel free to ask us on Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.