Is your phone not ringing incoming calls – Android? Struggling hard to fix this issue but still didn’t get success? If so, then read this article and get the best solutions to solve Android phone not ringing incoming calls.
You can fix the phone doesn’t ring for incoming calls by checking your device’s volume, restarting the phone, disabling the do not disturb or Airplane mode, and using the best Android Repair Tool.
Why Phone Not Ringing On Android?
There are multiple factors that can stop your device from ringing. But, in order to tackle this issue, you should know the root cause behind it.
Therefore, below I have shortlisted a few major causes, let’s have a look:
- Due to the network connectivity issues
- When you decrease your phone’s volume
- If the airplane mode is enabled
- When your device is in silent mode
- If do not disturb mode is enabled
After knowing the causes, now it’s time to walk through the solutions to fix the phone not ringing while calling issue.
How To Fix Android Phone Not Ringing Incoming Calls Issue?
In this section, I have provided the list of 10 troubleshooting fixes to solve the Android phone not ringing problem.
- Check Your Phone’s Volume
- Restart Your Android Device
- Check If The Airplane/Flight Mode Is Disabled
- Use Different Ringtone
- Disable Call Forwarding
- If Do Not Disturb Feature Is Enabled
- Check The Bluetooth Connection
- Boot Smartphone In A Safe Mode
- Do Factory Reset On Android
- Check If There Is Any Hardware Problem
Fix 1: Check Your Phone’s Volume
If you are continuously missing your incoming calls as your phone is not ringing then the first thing you should do is to check your phone’s volume.
In a few cases, it has been seen that users put their phone in silence mode or reduce the phone’s volume to zero and forget to turn it in general mode. Sometimes this might happen accidentally also and you won’t even know. And you started wondering that why is it happening so.
To deal with this situation, I’ll suggest you to check your device that whether it is in silent or general mode. If your Android phone is in general mode and still it is not ringing then definitely there could be a serious issue, simply move towards the next method.
All you need to do is, keep pressing the “Volume Up” key of your device until you get your desired volume.
You May Also Like: How To Fix “Android 11 Bluetooth Issues” Easily
Fix 2: Restart Your Android Device
Before trying any other technical solutions, let’s start with the basic trick that is – restart your Android device. If this trick works to resolve Android phone not ringing issue then it is good.
If your phone stops ringing due to some minor glitches or small bugs, restarting the device will fix it as soon.
Long press the Power button of your device and choose Restart from all the options. Now your device will restart itself in a few minutes.
Fix 3: Check If The Airplane/Flight Mode Is Disabled
Remember, if the airplane mode of your device is enabled you won’t be able to receive the calls but all your phone call will be directly sent to the voicemail. In such a situation, you need to make sure that the airplane mode of your device should be disabled.
You can simply check it by swiping down the notification bar from the top or you may also do this by accessing your Settings app -> Network & internet -> Airplane/Flight mode. Check whether the airplane mode is enabled or disabled.
Fix 4: Use Different Ringtone
In rare cases, but it might happen that you have set your ringtone to “None” or the ringtone you’re using gets corrupted. Well, if this is the case, then you should try changing the ringtones and see if the Android phone not ringing incoming calls is fixed.
Well, the process of changing ringtones is quite easy. Here are the required steps:
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings app then go to Sounds & vibration
- Now, find the Phone ringtone & vibration option and tap on it.
- Here, you’ll get the list of the ringtones you used. Try choosing other ringtones other than the current one.
Now, you may check whether the ringtone issue has been resolved or not. If it is fixed then there could be an issue with the ringtone.
Fix 5: Disable Call Forwarding
Many times, the call forwarding feature is useful but if this option is enabled on your device, it could stop your device from ringing.
Follow the below-directed process to disable this feature and fix phone doesn’t ring for incoming calls:
Open your Phone app & then simply move to Settings -> calling accounts -> [choose-your-SIM] -> Call forwarding. If the call forwarding feature is enabled here then you need to disable this option.
You May Also Read: Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working On Android
Fix 6: If Do Not Disturb Feature Is Enabled
Whenever you enable the Do Not Disturb mode on your device, you won’t be able to receive incoming calls as well as text messages. So, along with the call forwarding feature you need to also check whether do not disturb is turned on or off.
If it is enabled then simply check out the below-given steps to know how to disable this option:
- Access your Settings app then choose Sounds & vibration
- Here, you’ll get Do Not Disturb mode, tap on it to turn off this option.
- Or you may pull down the notification bar from the top, and tap on the Do Not Disturb Mode option to disable it and that’s it.
Fix 7: Check The Bluetooth Connection
There is a huge possibility that if your Android phone is connected to any Bluetooth device, your phone not ringing while calling. It is possible that your Bluetooth device is playing a ringtone in it.
In order to solve the phone not ringing while calling, disconnect a connected device from your phone. Follow the below steps to do so.
- At first, go to the Settings >> tap on the Bluetooth and device connection.
- Now, disabling a Bluetooth toggle to disconnect a device.
- Click on Bluetooth >> select the name of your device from an appearing list >> tap Disconnect.
Fix 8: Boot Smartphone In A Safe Mode
Oftentimes, Android phone not ringing incoming calls issue occurs due to installing malicious third-party apps. To ensure whether the issue is caused by any third-party apps you need to boot your mobile in a safe mode.
Here is how you can do so:
- Press & hold a Power key until a Power Off option appears.
- Touch there & hold a Power Off to boot a device in a safe mode.
- After this, the safe mode label gets seem at a bottom of your screen.
- In order to exit a Safe mode, reboot your mobile as usual.
You May Also Read: 6 Methods To Fix Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Android
Fix 9: Do Factory Reset On Android
If the phone not ringing Android issue isn’t solved even after trying the above methods then the problem is more than glitches. In such a situation, you should try some risky solution just like Factory resetting the device.
But before applying this trick, keep a backup of all your essential files somewhere else.
- Go to the Settings >> tap on Backup & reset
- Then, tap on Factory data reset >> Reset Device
- Now, click on Erase Everything or Delete All Data.
Fix 10: Check If There Is Any Hardware Problem
Even after trying the above DIY methods if still phone not ringing incoming calls – Android issue persist then it might possible that it is caused due to any hardware related issues. Moreover, there is also a chance that your phone’s speaker not working as it is damaged.
In such a situation, you need to contact to your phone’s manufacturer or carrier and ask them what you can do to get rid of this problem.
Why Won't My Android Phone Ring When I Get A Call?
There could be several reasons due to which your Android phone is not ringing when you get a call. It might possible that your phone is in silent mode, Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, network issues, etc.
How Do I Make My Android Phone Ring?
In order to access & configure ringtone settings, follow the below steps:
- Launch Settings app
- Then, go to a Sounds and vibration menu.
- There, you’ll find three sliders which you can easily drag. Make sure the slider for a Ring volume is in midway.
What Do I Do If My Android Phone Not Ringing Incoming Calls?
If your phone not ringing incoming calls – Android, follow the below tricks:
- Check the Ring Settings
- Restarting your smartphone
- Check if your phone is in Silent Mode
- Try the Different Ringtone
- Disable Airplane & Do Not Disturb mode on your device
- Check you don't have the Call Forwarding enabled.
Time To Sum Up
Whatever solutions have been discussed in this blog will surely help you to tackle Android phone not ringing incoming calls issue. So, keep trying the given methods one by one until the problem is solved.
I hope you liked this post.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.