WhatsApp is an important part of our daily life, and losing data from it is like a nightmare. Luckily, you are in the correct place. In this post, you will figure out some effective ways on how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android phones.
So, continue reading this article and learn the best solutions on how to recover WhatsApp images deleted by sender.
Can We Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Images On Android?
When we lose our important photos, videos, or any other files from an Android phone, some questions come to our mind like – “Is it possible to restore lost WhatsApp pictures on Android” or “Can we retrieve deleted WhatsApp images” right?
Let’s come to the point, the deleted WhatsApp data including photos can be recovered successfully by trying some of the effective ways.
Actually, data gets deleted from Android phones, they aren’t gone forever. They’re still present in the device until and unless they are not overwritten by the new files.
In such a situation, you are required to use the advanced Android Data Recovery tool mentioned in this post.
Note: After losing your WhatsApp photographs, immediately stop using your phone. Continuously using the device might overwrite your old data and reduce the chances of photo recovery using data recovery tool.
How To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Pictures On Android?
If you are looking for an instant way to recover deleted WhatsApp pictures then I’ll suggest you use Android Data Recovery Tool.
It is an advanced recovery program which is specially designed to recover all sorts of data like pictures, videos, call logs, contacts, audio files, notes, documents, etc. on Android.
This software is very easy to use and you don’t even require any kind of technical skills to operate it.
Apart from that, it supports almost all the Android brands such as Oppo, Vivo, Samsung, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, Redmi, Realme, and many more.
So, just quickly download & install this software & know how to get back deleted WhatsApp messages photos videos with ease.
Follow the easy step-by-step guide of this program to know how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android phones.
How To Recover WhatsApp Images In Android Without Software?
#1: Restore WhatsApp Pictures From the Local Backup
Though, if you’ve previously created the backup of the WhatsApp conversations and images then you have to try the beneath instructions to restore deleted WhatsApp pictures;
- Open a File Manager Application on your Android phone
- Open a file manager application and just locate a folder named as “sd card/WhatsApp /Databases“.
- In case, you do not have a micro SD card in your device or a file isn’t in your memory card then you might see “internal storage” or “main storage” in the place of the “SD card“.
- Locate a file named as “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” & rename it again to the “msgstore.db.crypt12“.
- Do not change a number after the “Crypt” even then also, if it’s not 12.
- Next, uninstall & re-install the WhatsApp app
- After verifying the phone number, make a tap on “Restore” in order to restore a backup WhatsApp
#2: Get Back Your Lost WhatsApp Pictures From Chat
Well, if you are running the latest version of the WhatsApp then all your media files must have stored on a server.
So, you still have a good chance to recover your deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android.
Follow the below-given process to know how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android phones:
- Begin with opening a link WhatsApp.com in the browser
- Then open the WhatsApp app and scan the QR code ( go to Settings then WhatsApp Web)
- Now, wait for the data download.
- That’s it.
#3: How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images From Sender Or Recipient
This is one of the simplest ways on how to recover WhatsApp images deleted by sender.
However, if the pictures have been deleted from your side, it might happen that they are still available to the person to whom you’ve chatted.
If it is so, then you can take help from that person and retrieve your WhatsApp pictures. Discuss the matter with the sender and ask him to send the images again
#4: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Data From The Auto-Backup Feature
Enabling the auto-backup feature will allow you to create an auto-backup of WhatsApp data every time that you use it.
Though, if you have enabled this feature then this will help you to restore files from WhatsApp easily
Now, you need to follow these steps to complete the task:
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app from your phone
- Then, Re-install it again
- Now, click on “Restore” option.
If this solution won’t help you to perform deleted WhatsApp photo recovery, then try the next method.
#5: Rescue Missing WhatsApp Images (For Samsung Users)
If you have lost your WhatsApp pictures on your Samsung device then this method may help you to recover missing pictures on WhatsApp.
Now, start following the below-given procedures and know how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android phones:
- At first, you need to ensure that whether the pictures are stored in your SD card or in the phone’s internal storage
- If photos get stored on your memory card then eject them from your device and simply insert them in the card reader.
- After that connect it to a PC and ensure that your phone is switched off
- In case, photos are stored in your device’s storage then you need to connect them with the USB cable.
- Here you’ll get the way of connection to choose. You need to choose or “U disk mode” or “USB bulk storage”
- After connecting the devices, move to “Removable Disk” option from “My PC or Computer”
- Now you’ll see the WhatsApp folder which consists of your WhatsApp images.
- At last, export the required images to your PC & access them easily.
#6: How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images From Google Drive
If you’ve created the backup of WhatsApp conversations by using a Google Drive option then you can easily get back your missing WhatsApp images on an Android device. Check out the below-directed steps now:
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app and then re-install it again
- Now, you need to follow the given instructions in order to set up your WhatsApp & verify the phone number
- Here, WhatsApp will detect the Google backup.
- Now, tap on “Restore” option to recover the missing chats from the Google Drive.
- As soon as the restoration process is over, tap on “Next“
- Now, all recovered photos and chats will display. And then your WhatsApp will start restoring the pictures.
#7: Recover WhatsApp Photos On Android From The WhatsApp Folder
You might know that, whatever images have been sent/ receive by you, WhatsApp stores each and every photo in this folder.
Nonetheless, if any of the images get deleted from your WhatsApp app, they are still available in this folder.
So, here you can use this option to restore your missing WhatsApp chats and images. Here’s how:
- At first, go to the internal memory then WhatsApp and then Media >> WhatsApp pictures.
- Now, you’ll get the Sent folder, just open it and here you will get all the deleted WhatsApp.
Why Have My WhatsApp Pictures Disappeared?
You have lost your WhatsApp images due to accidental deletion or not clearing the cache files of the WhatsApp app.
Now, as you have come to know the reasons behind the WhatsApp photos deletion, it’s time to recover the disappeared WhatsApp pictures by using the most famous and Powerful Android Data Recovery Software.
FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]
Where Do Whatsapp Pictures Get Saved?
On the Android devices, media files get automatically saved on your WhatsApp / folder/ Media. If you’ve Internal Storage then WhatsApp folder will be located in the Internal Storage. In case, you don’t have the internal storage then the WhatApp folder is located in your External Card.
How Long Are Deleted WhatsApp Messages Stored?
All your WhatsApp conversations are stored for 30 days after the deletion.
How Can I Recover My Whatsapp Deleted Photos Without Backup?
If you do not have the backup of your missing chats and images then in such situation using the Android Data Recovery Tool can help you. This is one of the powerful programs which have an ability to recover the deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android without backup.
Hopefully, the above-discussed solutions may help you to know how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android.
This blog contains both the manuals as well as Automatic solutions to retrieve deleted WhatsApp photographs.
If you’ve a backup of those erased WhatsApp images then simply try out the given manuals one by one. And if not, you can use the most reliable Android Data Recovery Tool. This program will definitely help you to solve how to recover WhatsApp images in Android.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.