Summary: This article contains complete info regarding how to fix unfortunately, Facebook has stopped on Android problem by relaunching the Facebook, checking the internet connection, restarting the Android, force starting the Facebook app, reinstalling the Facebook app, etc.
Facebook is an online social media platform or social networking site that allows users to connect & share media files with their, friends, family, and relatives online.
Recently, many Facebook users have experienced and reported a peculiar error message “Unfortunately, Facebook Has Stopped” on Android.
Thus, if you are currently experiencing the same error message then read this article till the end. Here, you will find 13 quick ways to fix Facebook app has stopped problem in a hassle-free manner.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started…
What Causes Unfortunately, Facebook Has Stopped Error On Android Phone?
The Facebook app crashed or shows Facebook has stopped working on Android due to some unsuspected reasons.
Here, I have shortlisted the major factors behind the occurrence of this issue. Let’s take a look:
- Weak or unstable internet connection.
- Facebook app cache and data.
- Running an outdated version of Facebook app.
- Inadequate Storage space.
- When the Facebook server is down.
- Due to Facebook app glitches.
So, these are the most common factors for unfortunately Facebook has stopped or Facebook keeps stopping 2022.
Now, let’s proceed to know how to get rid of this error with possible fixes.
How To Fix Unfortunately, Facebook Has Stopped on Android?
Solution 1- Use Advanced Android Repair Tool
If you are irritated with this error and it keeps coming back, then it could be the result of serious app issues. In this case, you should fix this problem as soon as possible by using the Android Repair Tool.
With the help of this advanced program, you can eventually fix any kind of Android errors & issues along with apps-related issues. It can solve the Stuck on boot loop, Apps keep crashing, Black/blue screen of death & several others.
Therefore, whenever you get into trouble with Android or Android app-related errors on Android, then use this software immediately.
It is easy to use & helps to get out of any serious situation on Android. So, go ahead and download this tool on your PC and fix unfortunately Facebook has stopped problem.
You can check out the user guide to find out how this tool works.
Solution 2- Relaunch Facebook App
Since the error is related to the Facebook app so, it is recommended to reopen the app again. This helps to solve the glitch in the app.
Thus, if you were using your Facebook app for a long time then it might need a fresh restart. After relaunching Facebook, if the issue still persists, move to the next solution.
Also Read: Fix Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has Stopped
Solution 3- Check Your Internet Connection
As mentioned above, weak or poor internet connection can also trigger unfortunately Facebook has stopped Samsung/Android.
The method is quite simple and can be tried anytime. Thereby, you can check the status of your internet connectivity for fixing this problem.
If you are using your mobile data then you can switch to a strong Wi-Fi connection or vice-versa.
Solution 4- Restart Your Android Phone
Another basic method that you can try to deal with this issue is to restart your phone.
Here is how you can easily do so:
- Press & hold a Power button for a long time.
- Once the menu appears, tap on Restart/Reboot option.
Solution 5- Clear Cache & Data Of Facebook
Continuously using any app accumulates lots of cache files that troubles the users occasionally.
Thus, if you were using your Facebook app for a long time then it is important to clear the app cache to solve unfortunately, Facebook has stopped on Android.
Here is how you can clear your Facebook app cache:
- Firstly, go to Settings >> tap on Apps/App Manager
- Then go to App List>> look for Facebook and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Storage>> click on both the options: Clear Data & Clear Cache.
- At last, Restart your phone.
Solution 6- Force Close Facebook App
Whenever any sort of error or issue you face while accessing any social media apps on Android, one easy way to deal with it is to force stop the app once.
All you need to do is to follow the below steps to force stopping the app:
- On your Android, go to the Settings Apps/App Manager
- Then, go to App List >> look for Facebook and tap on it
- Here, you will see Force Stop option simply tap on it.
- That’s it, now simply open the Facebook app and you can access it without getting unfortunately Facebook has stopped problem.
Solution 7- Check Facebook Server Status
Down Facebook server is another foremost reason for triggering the Facebook app has crashed/stopped issue. So, if you are continuously receiving this error then checking the Facebook server status via Down Detector will be the wise decision.
However, if you found the server is down then you cannot do anything. All you need to do is to wait until the server issue gets resolved by itself.
Also Read: Fix Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped
Solution 8- Fix Unfortunately, Facebook Has Stopped On Android By Updating Facebook App
Running an outdated version of the Facebook app? If yes, then it might be a reason for unfortunately Facebook has stopped. However, to fix this problem, update your Facebook app by following the below instructions.
- Open Google Play Store app.
- Search for Facebook & tap on it.
- Now, if there’s any update available then you will see an Update button, tap on it.
- Once the Facebook app is updated successfully, restart the phone and check for the problem.
Solution 9- Check The Android Device For Latest Update
When your Android device isn’t updated to the latest version then there’s a huge chance to come across Facebook has stopped Android issues.
Therefore, it’s better to check your phone for the newest update by navigating to Settings >> About phone or Software update. Then, if there is any latest update is waiting, you have to tap on Download Now or Install option
Solution 10- Check for Device’s Storage
If your device is running a low storage space then it is possible to encounter the apps crashing problem. Hence, ensure you’ve 15-20% of free storage space on your smartphone.
Thus, if you don’t know how to check the device’s storage, then follow these steps & check it:
- Go to the Settings >> then Additional Settings.
- After that, go to Storage & here you can see the remaining storage space on your phone.
- In case, if there’s not sufficient space, then clear unwanted files & apps on your phone.
- Now, check if the error has been solved or not.
Solution 11- Uninstall & Reinstall Facebook App
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is another handy way that helps many for solving app crashing or freezing issues.
So, you should also try this method once to fix unfortunately, Facebook has stopped on Android phones.
Follow these steps for uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app:
- From the home screen, long-press on Facebook app icon then tap on Uninstall Otherwise, you can go to Settings>> then Applications or Application Manager
- After that, click on App List & tap on Facebook.
- Here, you have to click on Uninstall and your will app be uninstalled.
- Restart your device
- Now, open Google Play Store & type Facebook in a search bar. Choose Facebook & tap on Install option.
Solution 12- Wipe Out Cache Partition
If updating or reinstalling the Facebook app doesn’t work, then wipe out the cache partition & get rid of the error that you’re coming across.
Here is how you can wipe the cache partition on your Android phone:
- First, switch off your Android phone.
- In the second step, press & hold a Power + Lock
- Wait until and unless your device’s logo arises on the screen.
- Now, it’s time to release a Power button & hold a Volume Down button when the logo appears.
- Don’t leave the buttons when the phone restarts.
- Your device will enter Safe mode when it begins to work.
- At this time, release the Volume button once you get the Safe Mode on a phone screen.
- Choose the option “Wipe Cache Partition” & confirm it.
Solution 13- Perform A Factory Reset on Your Android
Well, this method is ultimate as well as risky too. Just because factory resetting the phone will delete all your data such as apps, media files and other documents saved within your device.
So, it is important to create a backup of your crucial data before resetting a phone.
To fix this annoying Facebook error, follow the below steps carefully and perform a factory rest on your Android:
- Go to the Setting
- Scroll down & select the Backup & reset
- Once you click Backup & reset >> Reset Options.
- After that, click on “Erase All Data (Factory Reset)”.
Why Does Facebook Keep Stopping On My Samsung?
Facebook keeps stopping on Samsung phone due to the following reasons:
- Corrupt cache data.
- Using outdated versions of the Facebook app.
- Inadequate storage space.
- Outdated device OS.
- Facebook server is down.
Can't Connect to Facebook But Internet Is Working?
In order to fix can't connect to Facebook but internet is working problem by restarting your device, clearing your Facebook cache, updating the Facebook app, and checking the Facebook server status.
How Do I Fix Samsung Unfortunately App Has Stopped?
If you want to fix Samsung unfortunately app has stopped error then implement the below tricks:
- Restart Your Samsung Phone
- Clear The Cache Of Problem Causing App
- Check For The Device’s Storage Space
- Update The Outdated App & Device OS
- Take Your Samsung Phone To Repair Centre
So here, it comes to the end of this article where I’ve completely described how to fix unfortunately Facebook has stopped on Android.
Hopefully, by following the fixes mentioned above, you can troubleshoot the Facebook app crashing 2022. But for instant resolution. I would like to recommend you go for Android Repair Tool.
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.