Currently experiencing the error messages like “unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped working” or “unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped” on your Samsung phone? If yes, then let me tell you that you’ve reached the right place.
This article contains 10 quick fixes for how to fix unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped working issue on Android/Samsung successfully.
But before digging into the solutions, it is important to know why TouchWiz home has stopped. Let’s take a look.
(Causes) Why TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Working?
Here you can find several reasons that can lead to such errors on your device.
- Due to disabling the in-built applications on your smartphone.
- The device cache & data can cause such annoying situations.
- When apps conflict with each other, it displays TouchWiz not working
- Because of inadequate storage space on smartphones.
- Other reasons such as when TouchWiz fails to find sufficient resources for gestures, motions & other features.
So, these are the most common reasons behind the occurrence of this issue on Samsung phones.
Now, let’s move ahead to know how to fix unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped on Samsung phones.
How To Fix Unfortunately, TouchWiz Has Stopped Working On Samsung?
Apply the below troubleshooting tricks and get rid of it.
- Use Recommended Android Repair Tool
- Perform Soft Reset On Your Smartphone
- Clear TouchWiz Cache & Data
- By Changing Animation Scale
- Boot Your Samsung Device On Safe Mode
- Enable An Easy Mode
- Disable The Motions & Gestures
- Fix By Wiping Cache Partition
- Perform A Factory Reset
- Install The New Launcher For Replacing TouchWiz
Way 1: Use Recommended Tool To Unfortunately TouchWiz Has Stopped Working
Before trying any manuals, it is strongly recommended to go for an advanced Android Repair Tool to fix Samsung TouchWiz has stopped working problem.
The best thing about this versatile program is- it can be used even without any technical skills. Consequently, if you’re looking for a quick, stress-free, and 100% working fix, you must try this tool.
All you need to do is to download and install this software on your PC and run it by following its user guide.
Way 2: Perform Soft Reset On Your Smartphone
TouchWiz has stopped working galaxy S4/S3 might appear due to glitches in TouchWiz/firmware. By performing the soft reset, you can easily get rid of it.
Here is how you can do so:
- Initially, remove your phone’s battery if it is removable.
- Next, press a Power button on your Samsung or Android for 20-30 seconds.
- At this time, put your phone’s battery back into the device.
- Lastly, turn on your device.
Way 3: Clear TouchWiz Cache & Data
The TouchWiz cache and data is another foremost reason that can lead to TouchWiz is not responding Samsung phones. Clearing the collected TouchWiz cache and data can assist you to tackle the situation.
For this, follow the below instructions carefully:
- At first, open “Settings” then click on the “Apps” or “Application Manager”.
- From the apps list, find and choose “TouchWiz” >>
- At this time, click on “Clear Cache”. Also, ensure to click on the “Clear Data” option followed by the “OK”.
- Finally, restart your Samsung device.
If clearing cache and data couldn’t help you, try the next method.
Way 4: Fix Unfortunately, TouchWiz Has Stopped By Changing Animation Scale
Continuously using TouchWiz might consume the higher memory usage that shows this problem. In order to deal with this issue, just try out these steps:
- On your Samsung smartphone, open “Settings”.
- Next, go to the “About Device” >> “Software info”.
- In the third step, look for a “Build number” >> click on it at least 6 to7 times.
- Now, you’ll get the message “You are a developer”.
- Go back to “Settings” & tap on the “Developer Options”.
- Begin changing a Transition Animation Scale, Window Animation Scale, & Animator period scale values.
Way 5: Boot Your Samsung Device On Safe Mode
As mentioned earlier, third-party applications can also cause this problem, booting the device in a Safe mode will actually disable those applications temporarily.
Henceforth, you have to boot your mobile to a Safe mode & see if the problem is caused due to any 3rd-party app.
Simply follow the below steps to do so and resolve unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped working:
- Turn your phone OFF to initiate.
- Next, press a “Power” button until your phone’s logo seems on a screen.
- Once you see the logo appearing, release a button instantly & start holding the “Volume Down” button.
- Now, keep on holding it until restarting finishes.
- Lastly, you’ll observe “Safe mode” option on your bottom screen. Simply release a button.
Way 6: Enable An Easy Mode
Many users have found this method helpful in their cases for solving the same issue. Hence, you can also enable an easy mode to fix “TouchWiz not working”.
Here are the easy steps to do so:
Step 1: Open “Settings” app.
Step 2: Then, go to the “Personalization”.
Step 3: Click on the “Easy Mode”.
Way 7: Disable The Motions & Gestures
Well, Motions & gestures are another reason for TouchWiz issues. Although disabling the Motions & gestures feature can help you to troubleshoot unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped J2 Samsung.
Simply follow these steps to do so:
- On your phone >> go to the Settings >> click on the Motions & Gestures feature.
- Thoroughly turn OFF every motion & gesture existing there.
- Reboot your Samsung phone & check if the problem is fixed.
Way 8: Fix Unfortunately TouchWiz Home Has Stopped Android By Wiping Cache Partition
Clearing the cache partition is another effective solution that can assist you to tackle the problem. Simply go through the below-given steps:
- Firstly, turn off the phone by pressing a Power
- Next, hold both the buttons “Volume Up + Power”
- Once you see the phone’s screen, leave a button & wait for the Recovery Mode.
- Under Recovery Mode, you have to choose Wipe Cache Partition option using the Volume buttons.
- After this, press a Power button in order to confirm the process.
- Once the procedure is over, restart your device. Now see if unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped working problem persists.
Way 9: Perform A Factory Reset
If none of the above solutions helped you to solve TouchWiz keeps crashing/freezing issue, then perform a factory reset on your Samsung/Android device.
But before following the steps of this method, it is strongly recommended to take a backup of your device data. Doing the factory reset will delete all your pictures, videos, music, documents, etc. saved within the device along with the settings.
In order to do factory data reset, follow the steps guided below:
- At first, go to the “Settings’ on your phone
- Next, go to the “Backup & Reset” option.
- Finally, find and choose the option “Factory Data reset” >> confirm it simply by tapping “Reset Phone”.
Way 10: Install The New Launcher For Replacing TouchWiz
Last but not the least, if nothing worked, you should just install the new theme launcher on your Samsung device. It’ll be a decent option to get rid of the TouchWiz problem.
So, as you have known different solutions for how to fix unfortunately, TouchWiz has stopped working on Samsung, and now you can get rid of it by yourself.
All you need to follow the aforementioned fixes one by one until your issue gets resolved. But the best solution among them is Android Repair Tool.
I hope, you liked this article…!
Jennifer Fiona is a founder of recover-androiddata.com. She loves to write articles related to Android data recovery solutions, tips, tricks, and fixes for issues/errors. Apart from that, she loves to watch movies and play online games.