If you want to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without losing data then you can use your Google Account, Android Device Manager, ADB Command, and Android Unlock Tool. To know more effective ways, check out this article.
In this era, almost every person used to lock their smartphones by using strong PINs, patterns, or passwords to keep their private data safe and secure from unauthorized access.
But what if you forget your password or PIN that you’ve set and can’t access your device? You must be concerned at that time, right? From now onwards, you don’t have to worry anymore.
I am saying this because, in this post, I am going to specify 7 potential methods for how to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without losing data.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with how to unlock a Samsung phone with forgotten password using the best ways.
Let’s see one of the real user’s scenario first…
I want to avoid explaining the whole story behind why I try do unlock the Samsung s10 screen lock – no crime behind. In short: my best friend died and his family ask me to unlock the phone for them. I’m a total noob which is related to rooting phones, modify etc. As I know the phone is not rooted, no knowledge if mtp was enabled, USB Debugging I’m pretty sure also was disabled.
I tried to use ” Pattern Password Disable zip ” to run from sd-card but no luck. I do not want do factory default as they would like to access the data on the phone. I attach some info from the recovery mode.
Much appreciated for any advice how to proceed to unlock the screen.
How To Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password Without Losing Data?
Follow the below step-by-step methods to bypass the locked screen Samsung phone:
- Use Android Unlock Tool
- Using Google Account
- Remove Samsung Phone Password Via Find My Mobile
- Booting Into A Safe Mode
- Via Android Device Manager
- Delete Password Using ADB
- Unlock Samsung Phone Screen Lock via Factory Reset
Solution 1: Use Android Unlock Tool To Bypass Samsung Lock Screen Without Losing Data
Android Unlock Tool is the most effective and trustworthy software that can assist you to bypass Samsung lock screen pattern/pin/password/fingerprint.
It is an advanced, user-friendly, and easy-to-use software that can be used by experts and beginners.
So, if you’re really looking forward to unlocking your Samsung Galaxy smartphone PIN/password, simply download this tool on your PC.
Once this software is downloaded and installed successfully, follow its user guide and know how to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without a Google account.
Solution 2: How To Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password Using Google Account?
If your Samsung Galaxy device is running lower than Android 4.4, you can use Google account to unlock your phone screen password if forget it.
- At first, you have to enter an incorrect screen lock PIN, pattern, or password 5 times.
- Next, click on “Forgot Pattern” option once it seems on your phone’s screen.
- At this time, enter the Backup PIN/Google Account that you’ve set previously. If you enter the Backup PIN >> tap OK.
- Now, if you log in with your preferred Google account, simply click Sign-in in order to proceed. Your phone should be unlocked now.
Solution 3: Remove Samsung Phone Password Via Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is one of the best ways that can assist you to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without factory reset. Though “Find My Mobile” is a built-in feature offered by Samsung to its users.
Thus, if you have unfortunately forgotten PIN & password, you can attempt this solution to bypass your PIN/Pattern/Fingerprint/Password on your Samsung phone without losing data.
Here is how you can do so:
- Go to the Find My Mobile site >> sign in to your Samsung account.
- Then, tap the option “Lock My Screen“.
- On a next page >> tap on the “Unlock” >> enter your new password.
- Tap on the Next option, your Samsung phone will automatically unlock old security passwords lock.
- Now, you can use your new password to bypass your Samsung mobile.
Solution 4: How To Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Pin By Booting Into A Safe Mode
Well, if you’ve used any third-party application to lock your Samsung smartphone, booting your device via safe mode can even assist you to remove the lock screen PIN or pattern.
All you need to follow the below steps to boot the device in safe mode:
- Firstly, press & hold a Power button until 10-15 seconds.
- once the power menu appears on your Samsung device’s screen>> tap Power off.
- Now, you will be asked to Enter in to safe mode>> click OK.
- This will disable your Samsung phone lock automatically.
- After this, uninstall the third-party screen lock.
- Lastly, restart your mobile and access your data.
Solution 5: How To Unlock A Samsung Phone With Forgotten Password Via Android Device Manager?
Although if you’ve previously turned ON the Android Device Manager on your phone, you can easily solve can’t unlock Samsung Galaxy phone unlock problem.
- First, visit to the Google Android Device Manager>> sign in to your Google account which you were used on your locked Samsung device.
- Select the Samsung device that you wish to bypass in the ADM interface >> tap “Lock” option.
- Now, you need to enter your password >> choose the “Lock” again.
- At this time, your existing screen lock will be exchanged with a new password lock.
[su_note note_color=”#d7faeb”]Note: Do not use your Google account PIN/password.[/su_note]
- Once your device is unlocked, simply go to the screen lock settings of your phone to change your lock screen.
Solution 6: Delete Password Using ADB
This method will only work if you have previously enabled the USB Debugging on your Samsung phone & your computer is allowed to join via ADB. Therefore, if these requirements are fulfilled, proceed to use this technique by following the below instructions.
- Connect your Samsung phone to a PC by using the USB cable.
- In the second step, launch command prompt under an ADB directory.
- Enter the below command & hit “Enter”.
“adb shell rm /data/system/gesture”
- Reboot your Samsung phone, now you will see that a secure screen lock screen must remove, and access your device.
- Make sure to set the new PIN, password, or pattern before restarting it again.
Solution 7: Unlock Samsung Phone Screen Lock via Factory Reset
If none of the above solutions worked for how to unlock old Samsung phone forgot password, then perform a factory reset on your locked Samsung device.
Simply follow the below steps to remove screen lock if forgot password on Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Go to the Settings.
- Locate Backup & Reset option & tap on it > select Factory Data Reset.
- Click on RESET DEVICE >> ERASE EVERYTHING.
- Now, your Samsung device will switch off & restart automatically.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”How Do I Unlock My Samsung Phone If I Forgot The Password Without Resetting It?” answer-0=”Unlocking a locked Samsung phone without the password is a much easier task than you think it is. You can use your Google Account, Android Device Manager, ADB Command and Android Unlock Tool to unlock your Samsung phone if you forgot the password without resetting it.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”What Is PIN Code Of Samsung Phones?” answer-1=”The default PIN code of Samsung phones is set to 0000. Though you can even change or reset that PIN accordingly.” image-1=”” count=”2″ html=”true” css_class=””]
To Wrap Up
Now, it’s time to conclude…
I hope, the above-given info will be enough for you to solve how to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without losing data.
All you need to do is to apply the solutions one after another for how to unlock Samsung S9 phone forgot password successfully.
However, if you want a stress-free way to remove your phone screen lock, try an advanced Android Unlock Tool. It will definitely help you get rid of locked-Samsung screen issues.
Last but not the least, if you liked this post, don’t forget to share it with your friends & relatives.